Chapter 17: were you about to kiss me?

Start from the beginning

"Next to the iron man trilogies." Bee said

"True True True." Lila said

Everyone settled down to get seated.

Bee brought out a blanket she had in the trunk of her car and laid it out for those who didn't have a truck or van, to sit on.

Emmett, Bee and Seth sat at the bunk of Emmett's car. Aiden and Calla sat on the blanket beside one another, leaving room for Lila.

"Um.." Nathan awkwardly scratched his neck, "Sophie, do you think you can scoot over a little bit so I can sit..please." He said quietly

Lila being taken back by his politeness, made some room for him to sit.

Everyone sat through the movie laughing at the comedic scenes. Calla asked Lila questions when she didn't understand certain scenes.

Halfway through the movie Lila began to softly recite one of her favorite scenes.

"Listen, my people are in great danger.
You and I, we have to fight this really powerful being, who also happens to be my sister.

Okay, that is so wrong on so many....
I don't wanna fight your sister. That's a family issue

No, she's an evil being.

I don't care what she is. I'm not fighting any more beings I'm sick of it.

-What?

-I just told you. If I turn into the hulk, I am never gonna come back again. And you don't care.

No, no I'm putting together the team. The hulk is the fire.

Wait your just using me to get to the hulk.

-what? No!

-It's gross.

You don't care about me. You're not my friend

No, I don't even like the hulk. He's all like....grr smash, smash, smash.
I prefer you.

Thanks.

But if I'm being honest, when it comes to fighting evil beings, he is very powerful and useful.

Yeah, banner's powerful and useful, too.

Is he though?"

Lila softly laughed as she recited the scene.

"Sophie Did you seriously recite that scene?" Nathan asked Lila in a whisper. Looking at her in amusement.

"Yes." Lila said in a deadpan voice.
"I've seen Thor: Ragnarok like fifty times."

"Your joking." Nathan tilted his head

"She's not, its her top tier comfort movie." Bee said from above the car trunk.

Nathan looked at Lila and she simply shrugged, proving that Bee is telling the truth.
Nathan shook his head in amusement and everyone went back to watching the movie.

Fifty minutes later the movie ended.

"Alright, should we stay and watch the next movie?" Emmett asked everyone. As he stood up from sitting on the truck and stretched.

"It's almost midnight." Seth said

"I'm down." Aiden said

"I cant I have to get home." Lila said

"Yeah me too" Calla said

"Same." Bee said glumly

"Wait you guys can probably spend the night at my house and we could continue the marathon at my place." Lila said looking at Calla and Bee

"Sweet, Sophie just Invited me to a sleepover." Emmett said wiggling his eyebrows

"Don't get excited, seaweed for brains. She was talking to me and Calla." Bee said

"Yeah, yeah I know."

Everyone looked at him.

"Okay okay so what if I kinda believed it? Sophie's cool okay?" Emmett awkwardly shrugged.

"Cool?" Nathan asked.

"Thanks Emmett. But seriously what Bee said...don't get excited."

Aiden and Seth laughed

"Alright, alright, alright, I'll step off i know when to respect boundaries." Emmett said.

"Okay everyone let's pack up and start heading out." Calla said

Lila grabbed some of the wrappers, empty drinks while Nathan grabbed the rest and they headed to the trash cans.

"So what did you think of tonight?" Nathan asked

"It was really fun, i really enjoyed myself." Lila said smiling.

"Yeah It was fun....My favorite part was dancing with you." Nathan said gazing at Lila.

"Really?" Lila asked incredulously

"You're a great dancer Sophie."

"And you're a decent partner."

"Just decent?" Nathan said cocking his head to his left side, with a small smile.

Lila hadn't noticed how close they had gotten, their faces only inches apart. Nathan leaned in and-

"Um..were you just about to kiss me?" Lila asked slightly moving her head away.

Nathan regained his posture and coughed. "What? Um...no. You had a popcorn kernel in your hair. I was just going to take it off."

"With your mouth?" Lila asked crossing her arms.

"I-"

"Look you don't have to lie, but before I kiss someone I'd rather for them to not have a girlfriend."

"Who alice? She's not my girlfriend she's just-"

"Nathan you don't have to explain anything to me. Just get you shit together it's all." Lila said shrugging.

"Yo! Are you guys coming or what?" Emmett yelled.

"We should go." Lila said walking towards the group. Not bothering to see if Nathan was following her.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Calla asked

"You have no idea."

*******************************

Ha! Did you really think they were gonna kiss?

I do have a plan for Nathan and Lila's kiss don't worry you will read about it soon.

Anyways I hope I entertained you with this chapter. So small update but I start my second year of college soon and I'm going to be working part time so I will be busy but i will try to find time to write chapters to continue updating. I will try to squeeze in two new chapters in August before school so bare with me please. Anyways I hope you all are well.

Also if anyone has any binge worthy shows please tell me them.

Until next time xoxo