Chapter 2

Bluestar was the current leader, and Goldenflower was falling in more love with Patchpelt. She knew Patchpelt was perfect for her, and she was expecting kits. Goldenflower only found out about kits recently. But, she noticed how Patchpelt would ignore her and leave her alone a lot, not even checking if she's alright. Goldenflower started to love Patchpelt less and less, and started relying on the other queens for help. 

An orange kittypet had recently joined the clan and had been accepted by the clan. Shortly after he joined, Goldenflower gave birth to a litter of kits, and she named them Swiftkit and Lynxkit. Patchpelt still didn't come to visit her kits, and she decided to break up with him. 

Her two kits snuggled into her fur, and she smiled and groomed their fur. She noticed how much Swiftkit looked like Patchpelt, and it broke her heart. She let out a loud wail, and that lead to Graypaw, Ravenpaw, and Firepaw to come in and ask if she's alright. "I'm fine, but- Lynxkit?! Lynxkit!? Why do you smell wrong!?" Goldenflower's eyes suddenly widened and clouded with pain. "Goldenflower, is your kit.... Dead?" Graypaw mumbled, and Goldenflower nodded. Firepaw picked up Lynxkit to bring them for a vigil, and Goldenflower hissed and protectively brought Lynxkit and Swiftkit closer. "I want to hold my kit one last time....! Please watch Swiftkit.. I need to bury Lynxkit.." she meowed painfully, and she ran away into the forest to bury her kit.

As she was leaving the camp, she ran into Tigerclaw. He looked down at her, but quickly looked away. Goldenflower looked up at him, and notice how strong and handsome he looked. Goldenflower and Tigerclaw were good friends, but Goldenflower never felt this way for Tigerclaw. It felt different, not how she loved Patchpelt. She truly and really loved Tigerclaw. Tigerclaw smiled at her, then realized the young dead kit in her mouth. "Do you want me to help you bury the kit?" "Yes... Please." Goldenflower looked up at Tigerclaw, the same happy tingling feeling coming back. She got closer to him, so close that their pelts brushed together. Tigerclaw didn't feel bothered, so Goldenflower didn't move away. Goldenflower dug the hole and put her kit in, and then put dirt over the hole. She and Tigerclaw lay by the grave, looking into each other's eyes and mourning the loss of her young kit Lynxkit, eventually falling asleep together near Lynxkit's makeshift grave.