Chapter Two

dang-yeonhaji: of course

maj-a: oh, right

dugu: who

eung: oh

—— ❀ ——

두: BASTARD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Mwo? He really said that?" Jennie-unnie suddenly exclaimed after I told her everything.

I sighed while playing with the straw of my almond milk tea. "Yeah, he did. I wish he wasn't the next CEO," I replied.

She let out a scoff, looking away. "I can't believe he really said that," she uttered.

I formed a slight smile at her. "Don't worry, unnie. I should just resign," I said.

Her eyes were softened. "But what about Mr Jeon? Do you think he wants that?" she asked.

Maybe... I don't know.

I shrugged. "It doesn't matter anyway." Before slurping my drink.

Honestly, it's true. I have absolutely no idea what to do and to think about it. Even though I should resign, I can find a job that is suitable for me without any consequences coming. But on the other hand, I should stay for Mr Jeon's sake.

Meanwhile, thinking about it, I suddenly heard something coming from the TV above.

I then glanced up and saw the news about Jungkook being the next CEO.

I sighed deeply. What am I going to do?

"He is really gonna be the next CEO, huh," Jennie-unnie said while staring at the screen. "But I can't blame Mr Jeon though. I mean he got a point."

I nodded, started to agree with her statement. "True." I was still staring at the screen where they showed him being so lovely dovey.

"Hopefully, there won't be any consequences coming," I finished.

Little do I know, it did.

***

The next morning, I arrived at the building earlier than usual. I pulled the strap of my bag as it started to fall off.

Somehow—last night, I couldn't get any enough sleep. My mind was starstruck from yesterday's view.