Chapter 2: Hello

Hello! Here's another chapter. Sorry if I didn't post it before, I completely forgot. But anyways, hope you enjoy!

It was midnight when I finally got to the place. There wasn't a wall and gravel began to lead me in the village. So I followed the gravel while looking down.

The town was buzzing with people everywhere and I could feel them staring at me. It made me feel awkward.

What? I don't really like public places considering I usually deal with things in the dark and alone.

I felt someone tap my shoulder so I looked up to see a woman with raven hair and brown caramel eyes. She wore a purple crop top, light purple shorts, grey gloves and purple, black and white rubber. 

"Oh I haven't seen you around before... Are you new like me?" She asked but mostly to herself it seems. I nodded and her eyes widened. "You're self aware?" She asked. I looked at her strange but nodded.

She let out a little cheer and stuck her hand to me. "I'm Aphmau! I just recently came to this town like literally an hour ago. Your name?" Aphmau introduced herself.

"Y/N. You have a beautiful name." I complimented and shook her hand which made her giggle. "Thank you! So do you. Well it looks like I'll see you around, Y/N. Good luck!" She said before waving at me and walking away.

I made a small awkward wave and cleared my throat. This place seemed great to stay for a couple of weeks before having to run away again. I looked around to find a place to stay in but I found nothing.

Then a guy with guard armor and a helmet on approached me. I began to slowly panic since he was a guard. Maybe he knew who I was since mostly guards know about my family name. Considering we kill innocent people.

"Hello Miss. You seem to be new around here. I'm Garroth, the head guard around this place. What might your name be?" He asked. His voice was deep and serious. Also he looked and acted formal, like if he was royalty. 

"My name's Y/N." I replied. He shook my hand and let go. "Hm, why does that sound familiar." He mumbled but I heard it. "I-i don't know. I've never heard of you." I lied. I have heard of that name.

It was the first son of the Lord of O'Khasis's name. But there's no way this is him. That man died before his arranged marriage became official.

He nodded and turned to the village then back at me. "Welcome, Y/N. I hope you enjoy your stay here." He said. I smiled and gave him a small bow. "Thank you, Sir." I mumbled. He began to walk away so I let out a sigh of relief.

This would be harder than I thought. But I can deal with it! I'm an optimistic person, even if I killed people for a living...

Anyways I walked around the town more and then I saw a perfect tree up on the hill to sleep in. "This will be just fine for tonight." I mumbled and climbed up the tree. My skirt reached down to my knee so I had to make sure people couldn't see under it.

Finally I was able to get up there. I placed my supplies in certain branches and sat down. My legs swung back and forth as I looked at the town.

The night sky was dark but the lights from the village were bright, making it look beautiful. Yeah, it was a small village but it was better than O'Khasis that's for sure.

My eyes examined the villagers, until I saw that Aphmau girl again. She was sleeping in a small house that she might have taken from a girl who had blond hair. I chuckled since the girl looked mad and shook my head.

I leaned back against the tree and closed my eyes. I dont really move in my sleep so I'm sure I'll be fine. When I closed my eyes, I felt sleep begin to consume me. And off to dream land I went.