Chapter 11

Yawning, I rub my eyes as I walk slowly beside Susan - Antheia placing Edmund and I to the ground what seems like hours ago. My feet feel heavy as does my heart, having known just how many Narnian's we lost during the raid - thirty five soldiers died last night, all for nothing. Admiring the rather pretty pink the etches through the sky as the sun rises, I jolt in surprise as a horn echoes out - my eyes snapping toward the How. The signal of our arrival causes many Narnian's to appear outside, Lucy included. As I see her face morph from worry to happiness to despair, I sigh and shake my head.

"You think this will turn out ok?"

I utter, gazing up at Susan with questioning eyes. However she simply scoffs whilst shaking her head - wrapping an arm around my shoulders in order to give me some slight comfort.

"No, of course not."

Groaning, I hang my head whilst squeezing my eyes shut - bracing myself for the oncoming slaughter, and I don't mean a battle. Even from my place behind him, I noticed Peter getting angrier the further we walked last night - his fists curling into balls and his gaze never wavering from Caspian. As we approach the How now, it only seems to worsen as I hear Lucy sigh in sorrow.

"What happened?"

I lift my head slightly to try and signal Lucy to be quiet, but I'm too late. Peter scoffs loudly and gestures to Caspian - his aggressive nature exposing itself.

"Ask him."

I halt my actions, as does everyone around me, for the two boys angrily glare toward one another - as though getting ready to fight.

"Me? You could've called it off. There was still time."

Caspian's words make me hum softly in agreement, knowing that he has a point. This whole thing could have been avoided if Peter had simply called it off when things didn't go to plan - the alarm being the turning point. If we never had of opened that gate, especially with hundreds of Telmerine soldiers surrounding the courtyard, our warriors will still be with us today. Peter, however, doesn't seem to understand this - his head shaking in annoyance and his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

"No there wasn't thanks to you. If you'd stuck to the plan those soldiers might be alive right now."

Caspian scoffs and shoves a finger in Peter's chest - pushing him backward ever so slightly. The Telmerine Prince's gazes is alight with burning rage, and he simply shakes his head - his voice echoing throughout the field.

"And if you'd stayed here like I suggested then they defiantly would be."

Peter shoves Caspian backward, making the latter stumble over his own feet and bump into my brother. I groan and shake my head, waiting for Andrew to shove the Telmerine away as well - this situation an awful lot like those back in Finchley. However, my eyes widen in surprise as Andrew helps balance Caspian - stepping out of the way as the two eldest boys focus one another again. Yet my eyes stay drawn to my brother, watching slightly as he runs his hands through his hair - dishevelling it more than it already is. His complexion is rather pale and his eyes are bright red, a sign that he has been crying - something my brother rarely does. In fact, the last time he cried was the night we retuned from Narnia. Sighing, I make a move to approach Andrew when I hear a loud shout escape Peter.

"NO! Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

I jolt slightly, focusing back onto the fight at hand only to realise that Peter is stomping away and Caspian looks quite angered - even more so than before. Trying to understand what I missed, I notice the fire burning brightly behind Caspian's eyes.