Companion

Three stood with her slender frame rested up against the wall to the left-hand side of the door, in which One was carrying out his interrogation. She thought about all they had learned in a small time. Learned that time travel was not only possible but a reality and happening right now. She was concerned with what the organization would do with this information, what they would do if they did successfully attain this technology. But for Three, the thought soon came crashing back to earth how ruthlessly successful One is at getting what he wants when she heard the chilling shriek of pain fill the room and the vast corridor she was stood in. The Superior had clearly made his mark on the one they called Clock. They had extracted information and data on Clock that showed his brain and entire body had been enhanced beyond any science they knew, almost to a level of superhuman. Clocks physical attributes were that of 3 men and his neurons were much faster than even the most intelligent of individuals. But even with all this information, she knew that he would stand no chance against One. He was unmatched in combat and strategy and his complete absence of conscience made him immeasurably cunning. She knew if she stood by his side he would eventually be the leader of this entire organization, taking it to new heights. But with every assignment, with every interrogation, assassination or torture she witnessed, she felt her conscience leave her bit by bit as it had left One. Three struggled with that and wondered if the price was too high.

One stroud out of the room and shut the door behind him slowly. He looked down at his bloodied hands and pulled a small cloth out from his inside blazer pocket and began to wipe clean the deeds he had just wrought upon the travelers. As he washed the blood away he noticed that more was pooling, he pulled his right sleeve up slightly and noticed a small sword slice at the crease in his wrist.

"Hmm..." One murmured

"Superior? You have been cut." Three said

"Thanks as always for your stellar deductive skills, Three" He retorted, without looking at her.

"Sorry Superior"

"Clearly I underestimated him, slightly"
"Is he still alive?"

"For now." He said as he began to walk down the corridor, Three followed "Where are we with the charges?"

"They are set Superior, we had some delays with evacuations so Its likely they will go off in approximately 9 minutes and not the originally planned 6."

"Hmph."

They strode down the corridor a few more paces and then spiked left and went up a very high flight of stairs. One's hand had begun to bleed and drop little bits of blood on the steel steps. Three had never before seen her master injured and even though it was a tiny cut, the damage to his pride was much deeper.

"Superior, your hand is still..."

He spun around and placed his hand firmly on her right shoulder and powerfully held her against the wall. She was shaking and fearful. He saw that on her face and looked down to his hand, now grasping her harder, he pulled away from her and crossed his arms behind his back. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

"Listen to me Three, Weakness is intolerable, even my own. I do not need it pointed out as I am fully aware of it, painfully aware. If any of the others were to see me like this, it would show them there could be kinks in my armour, show them that they could try to take my title from me." One said firmly.

"Superior, I will do everything in power to help you get to the very top"

"Why do you think you are still breathing now."

She gulped as he took a step once again toward her, the fear intensified.

"You are the only other living person I can count on. Without you Three, I am alone."

He turned and carried on up the stairs. Three stayed there for a few moments, shocked, scared and oddly fulfilled by his words. She shook her head to gain some clarity, stood up straight and followed her master up the staircase. They came up into a room which had several metal vessels in it. People were still scrambling for the less extravagant ones but on the far left-hand side there was one which was left totally alone, this vessel was Ones. He walked over to it and pressed a series of buttons on the outside of the vessel, with a mechanical clunk the door began to open out and slide to the right. Inside the vessel was cream with luxurious leather seats and screens. The technology at work here was vastly before its time but was an everyday convenience for The Organisation.

One walked inside of the vessel and took his Captains seat and began the power-up sequence. Three took her seat next to One and placed her seatbelt on gently. She watched as the vessel door slid back into place and became airtight once again. The hanger door shut in front of them and water began to fill the compartment in which their vessel sat. Once the compartment was completely submerged, doors behind them started to open.

One put both of his hands onto the steering apparatus and placed the vessel into a forward gear. He looked over at Three who had not taken her large blue eyes off of him since they got inside. Three never really knew what to think about One. There were only two constants in her thoughts about him and that was that she respected him more than anyone she had ever met and that she never knew what to expect. A small smile creased his lips and he gave her a small nod as he put a lever down which shot the vessel out of the compartment and into the deep blue ocean.

"Superior. Where are we headed?

"We are headed to our headquarters in Edinburgh" One replied

"Scotland? But sir, i thought..."

"I know what you thought Three, it isn't where I want to go either but unfortunately that's where we must go."

"Sorry Superior, I didn't mean to question you"

"Three, I know from experience Family is a terrible burden but one day you will have to do away with the hold your infernal brother has over you so you can overcome him and surpass him."

"Yes Superior"

He placed the vessel into some kind of autopilot and relaxed slightly in his chair. Three had never witnessed One totally relaxed and she still hadn't, even in the calmest of time, he was still on edge, still playing out some battle in his mind.

"Do you think they have managed to escape yet?" Said One

"Sir?"

"They won't go down that easily and I wouldn't want them too"

"I don't understand sir"
"The Organisation is far too small minded, I needed them off of my case and off of theirs, I need the organization to believe they are dead."

"But why, Superior?"
"Those total buffoons in charge cannot possibly be given the information and technology of Clock and his friends, it must be controlled by greater minds with bigger dreams"

"Minds like yours, Superior."

"Exactly, so rest assured, This is not the last we have seen of James Clock"