Chapter 6: Love Bite

Chloe struggled to get out of Lucifer's grasp, but it was hopeless. Perhaps if it hadn't been the most perfect morning of her life, she'd be trying harder to get out of bed, but her heart and soul screamed at her to stay there with him forever.

"Relax, Detective." He finally exhaled. "I called your boss when your alarm went off and told her everything that happened yesterday. She instructed me to keep you in bed for as long as it takes for you to rest. Oh, and she gave you the day off" He smirked, obviously satisfied with himself.

"Come on, there's no way she would say that, not even if her life depended on it." Chloe pointed rather skeptically, facing the Devil again. "Detective!" He exclaimed with exasperation. "You know I never lie. Thought you'd know that by now." It was true, and Chloe did know that. It was just so not like her boss to give her a day off so easily. But then again, it was Lucifer who asked. She's the reason he even has a job with the LAPD in the first place. Or had, anyway.

Chloe tried to laugh it off, but Lucifer actually looked... hurt? His eyes no longer glistened with joy when he looked at her, and with a rapid movement of his shoulder blades, his wings were gone. Chloe frowned at the sudden loss of her new favorite place in the world and knew that she had to do something about it. "By the way, Daniel took your child to school. The little one was offered a day off, too, but she insisted on going." Lucifer stated boldly and sat up, but before he could get off the bed, Chloe hastily climbed into his lap, making his eyes widen in surprise.

"Hey." She cooed, cupping his face with both her hands, forcing the eye contact. Lucifer's gaze made her heart sink: his walls were up, leaving his expression oddly blank. Chloe hadn't seen him like this around her in a very, very long time. "I'm sorry. I know you don't lie to anyone, let alone to me." Her eyes searched his for any sort of emotion, until Lucifer's softened at last. "I just don't want you to doubt me, ever." He admitted, looking up at her with the deepest sincerity.

"I don't." Chloe replied in a soft whisper. "Ever." As if to reassure him, she dipped her head down and brushed his lips with her own, her fingers still caressing his stubbled jawline. Lucifer hummed in appreciation, snaking his hands around her waist and pressing against the small of her back to pull her in closer.

When he finally tore himself away from her lips, he moved on to dot Chloe's neck and collarbone with feathery kisses. She tipped her head back at the sensation, letting a soft whimper escape her lips. The sound was like fuel to Lucifer's fire, making his kisses become heavier, hungrier. Chloe's nerve endings were slowly coming to life, her skin singing under his touch.

The earlier misunderstanding forgotten, Lucifer lifted both of their bodies to tip Chloe onto her back, swallowing her light giggle in a deep kiss. He was now hovering over her, and she absolutely loved being completely at his mercy. He had her effectively pinned to the mattress with one of his legs between Chloe's, applying pressure to all the right places.

"The things I could do to you right now, Detective..." He murmured in a low, raspy voice, taking a moment to admire the goddess beneath him. She was bare-faced, her eyes clearly lacked sleep and her hair looked more like a raven's nest than anything, but to him - she was perfection.

"So what are you waiting for?" Chloe asked rather shyly, blushing at her own words. Lucifer dipped his head back down to plant a soft kiss just at the corner of her mouth, leaving her wanting, needing more as she felt the blood in her body heading south. Lucifer trailed his fingers from her knee to the inside if her thigh, his touch almost ticklish as he finally reached his destination. Chloe writhed beneath him, lifting her pelvis to meet his touch involuntarily.

When suddenly, Lucifer climbed off the bed and casually stated, heading for the door: "Sorry, need a shower." Safe to say, this move had been carefully planned out, but it still took all the self control the Devil had to offer. He was genuinely surprised to have actually pulled it off, instead of taking her there and then. "Have a taste of your own medicine, Detective." He chuckled with an evil smirk, turning around one last time to see her gaping at him in disbelief.