Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Direction

"And we've arrived at the place of my greatest nightmare..." I said as I maneuvered the car on our company's driveway.

The valet immediately approached my car that's on its way and when I halted the car, he run towards my side to open the door.

"Good afternoon, Miss Saavedra." he politely greeted me, bowing his head as a sign of courtesy.

Napangiti naman ako. Kahit hindi ako palapunta dito ay kilala pa rin ako ng mga nagt-trabaho rito sa kompanya.

Well, of course they should know the future president of the company that they're working at.

"Thank you, handsome." I handed him my car keys and winked at him before going out of the car.

The valet looked stunned because of the name I called him. His name's not handsome. I can cleary see his name tag with his name written on it, but I didn't mind. Well, he's really handsome. Not obscenely handsome, but still handsome.

Kita ko namang napailing si Selena habang papalabas sa aking sasakyan.

"I don't know what's happening to you anymore, Xy." she told me. "Hindi ko alam kung talagang gusto mo bang pumunta dito."

Nginitian ko naman siya. "Of course, I want to be here!" I exclaimed. "And that's because I want to leave Brendt's company as soon as possible, be free and claim what's mine to begin with. This is also for my Mom... Alam mo naman 'yon. Kahit itong pamamahala man lang sa kompaniyang pinaghirapan niya rin ay gusto kong alagaan."

"Just remember to always control yourself, Xy. Hindi magandang makita ng mga empleyado that you have a high temper and can be easily pissed off." paalala sa akin ni Selena.

"Basta huwag lang umapila si Tiffany ay paniguradong magiging maayos ang usapan namin." sabi ko naman.

The moment we stepped inside the company's lobby, people who know us, started to greet me and Selena.

Our company is where Selena works that's why mostly all the employees here know her. While me, they know me because I'm the daughter of the owner of this company.

I stopped walking and darted my eyes to our old family picture that is displayed here in the lobby. I bit my lower lip when I see the face of my mother smiling and staring at me through the picture.

This is what you want, Mom, right? Don't worry. I won't let you down. I promise.

"Siya iyong totoong anak ni Sir Saavedra!" rinig kong sabi ng isang empleyadong nadaanan namin.

"Talaga?" nagtatakang tanong ng kausap nito. "Ang akala ko, si Ma'am Tiffany ang anak niya dahil siya ang nagmana ng kompanya."

Kumunot naman ang aking noo sa narinig. She must be a new employee that's why she doesn't know who I am.

"Siya ang anak ni Sir sa kaniyang unang asawa tapos si Ma'am Tiffany ay anak lang ng bagong asawa ni Sir ngayon..." kwento niya at hindi ko na masiyadong narinig ang iba pa niyang sinabi dahil nakalayo na kami ni Selena.

Who gave them the right to spill everything about our family?

"Hindi naman sila masiyadong tsismosa no?" sarkastiko kong pagtanong kay Selena.