Chapter 1

____________________________________

In memory of Joaquin Q. Megofna
A beloved grandfather, dad and husband

____________________________________

It all started on November 30th, 2015. You were gone, forever. I will never forget that day, or the memories we had. They've faded but I still remember the love you had for me like it was yesterday.
We went on a road trip to a lake, we went fishing and I remember the day clearly. I caught a big fish, and you were proud of me and I was excited. It was my first fish I've ever caught and now that I look back on it I never knew how it stayed onto that little Dora The Explorer fishing pool of mine. You got the boat stuck in some weeds near a shoreline, we were stuck for about five minutes but I knew you were strong so you just ripped them off and decided to go on your way. Everything is a blurred up ball than, I just remember getting into that silver Chevrolet of yours. I miss that truck so much.
To this day I haven't gone fishing, it's not the same without you. God forbid if I try to even cast a line I'd probably screw my pool up! But it wouldn't matter because I was your little girly girl while Jay was a Tom boy. Jay always wanted to be 'one of the guys'. I think she misses you too, we never talk about it in the family though. Mom tells us it's time to let go but it's been four years and I still curl up on my bed and sob wishing you were here.
Your funeral was a weird time. I cried but he family got around me and somehow we started singing. It felt like you were listening but I knew you weren't. I really wish you could of, grandpa. I was singing for you. I still sing songs that remind me of you, they make me feel better and it makes me feel like you're right there with me.