08

As we approached the cliffs, I spotted a girl. She had shoulder length hair. Her stature seemed to be relaxed as she sat on the log.

"Whose she," I heard Seth ask. I shrugged, I had no clue as to who it was.

"Why don't you go find out," Embry asked before approaching a quiet Quil from behind and pushing him off. I shook my head, laughing at the pair of best friends.

"I don't wanna," Seth said immediatley becoming shy. I aww'd at him before ruffling his hair. He swatted my hand. Soon I felt hands on my back before taking the plunge to the waters below. I came back up and growled, peering up at the cliff above me. Embry had his  head poked out over the edge while laughing at us. It wasn't long before he was tossed over which resulted in me having to quickly move before he fell on me.

Then Jared jumped over the side, he was whooping and hollering all the way down. He popped up and swam over to me.

"Can we talk," He asked, I sighed before nodding. We both swam and got out, we had decided to sit on the shore to talk.

"What did you want to talk about," I asked.

"What happened a couple days ago," He said, "Look, I really am sorry for everything. I don't want to upset you. I don't. That's why I broke up with her. I fell in love with you the moment I laid my eyes on you."

He was looking at me.

"I can't explain this feeling with in me," He said, "But I know it's love. Will you please forgive me?"

"I can't forgive you yet, Jared," I said, "You have to prove it to me first."

He nodded eagerly, "I will do whatever it takes to have you forgive me!"

I smiled at his eagerness.

"Love birds!"

It was Embry, he was shouting at us from the cliff top.

"What do you want," I shouted back. The cliff was well over a half a mile tall.

"Come on! We are having a bonfire!"

I groaned, "That required me getting up."

I leaned my head on Jared's shoulder and sighed.

"Want me to carry you," He asked, I nodded and he stood up. He told me to hop on his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. He chuckled as he carried me up the steep hill to the top of the cliff.

"Why are we having a bonfire at noon," I asked the pack.

"We are not having a bonfire right now," Jake said rolling his eyes, "It'll be later tonight."

"Embry! You need to be specific," I scolded him. He let out a smirk.

"I know," He winked, "But I got you two out of your little moment."

"Jare," I said, "Let me down."

He let go of my legs and I got down. I slowly made my way to the boy.

"Embry James," I glared at the boy before tackling him off the cliff and into the water. We came back up.

"I'mma murder you in your sleep," I said, "Sleep with your eyes open."

"Sleep with your eyes open," He mocked once I started to swim away. I stopped and turned around, I jumped on him and made him go under. The others joined us as I continued to hold Embry under. He slipped away from me and popped up a few feet away.

"You tried to kill me," He said in a horrified voice, "Now you may wanna sleep with your eyes open!"

I rolled my eyes and splashed his face hard before leaving the water. I decided to walk over to the girl that sat on the log. I approached her and smiled.

"Hello," I said, she looked up and smiled.

"Hello."

"I'm Mi-Na," I said, "I seen you earlier sitting here and thought I would come meet you."

"I'm Riley," she said, "I just moved to Forks."

"Really? How do you like it?"

"It's different from where I lived before," She said, "I used to live in Pensacola, Florida."

We continued to talk until I heard a howl come from one of the guys.

"Would you like to join us for a bonfire? It's just to tell the tribe legends," I said, "There will be food and music."

She smiled, "I would love to, thank you. But can I ask why they howled?"

"Oh, they are just guys. I still like to think they are stuck at a mental capacity of like 8."

She laughed, "What time is the bonfire?"

"9," I answered, "It'll be here at First Beach."

She nodded before standing up, "I will see you tonight."

She left and I smiled, I walked up to the guys and joined them all.

"Who was she," Seth asked.

"Her name is Riley," I said, "And she is coming to the bonfire, so be on your best behavior."

They all nodded.