tattoos and roses - scyvie ♡

lesbian au where yvie is a tattoo artist and scarlet owns a flower shop over the road, they keep making excuses to come and see each other. fluff. (sorry about the amount of scyvie lately haha).

yvie oddly stared in awe at the shop opposite her tattoo parlour. a girl in baby blue dungarees stood outside, paint bucket in hand, painting a sign on the shop. from the window yvie could see it read "scarlet roses" in fancy cursive lettering.

the girl had brown, shoulder length hair and was quite short, standing on her tiptoes to reach the top of the sign. yvie decided that she must have just moved in, and made a mental note to keep an eye on the shop.

"who you starin at?" her friend voice boomed from behind her. yvie turned around and met akerias knowing eyes. "you crushing already? she only moved in yesterday, give the girl a break!"

a pink blush spread across yvies cheeks and she mumbled "shut up!" under her breath. akeria just giggled and nudged her playfully.

"hey, a clients coming in for a tattoo in about 30 minutes. think you could get a design up and runnin?" akeria drawled, and yvie nodded, picking up a pencil and beginning to sketch.

on the other side of the road, scarlet was struggling.

she stretched to reach the top of the wall she was painting, and groaned in frustration when she realised she would have to wait for her taller friend and coworker, ariel versace, to come and help.

to make matters worse, the tattoo studio across the road was blaring heavy rock music, interrupting her calming pop in the background. she was too shy to go over and say something, so again she would have to rely on ariel.

scarlet: girl where are u!

ariel: sorry! traffic is horrendous. just got off the bus, see u in 5 :)

scarlet sighed and began to unpack the stock from the back. roses all colours were piled high in scarlets hands, and she prayed that her clumsiness wouldn't kick in as she carefully stacked them on shelves.

"hey!" said a voice from the doorway, and scarlet squeaked, a few spare roses falling to the ground. "oh, sorry to scare you. and sorry i'm late. you know what traffics like at this time!" ariel said happily, reaching out a hand to help.

"it's fine, i understand!" scarlet said. "paint the top of those walls please?"

ariel laughed. "course shorty,"

"hey!"

they both got to work on the shop, scarlet stringing fairy lights and decorations whilst ariel painted the tops of the bare walls pink.

"that musics annoying." ariel stated, talking about the tattoo shop.

"just a bit. hey, maybe you could ask them to turn it down?"

"you'll never get over your shyness if your avoiding conversations!" ariel said as she grabbed her bag and made her way out of the door and to the tattoo parlour. scarlet knew she was right, but she didn't want to make an enemy on the first day of moving in.

ariel soon came back, and scarlet noticed that she couldn't hear it as much, lana del rey playing clearly on her radio.

"thanks ariel. don't know what i'd do without you!"

"hey, don't sweat it. that's the tattoo parlour i was going to today anyway. i'm getting another tattoo! just a small one on my ankle, nothing too drastic. you should get one!"

"absolutely not. no randomer is coming near me with a gun."

"it's a tattoo gun, and it's not a randomer. it's your neighbor! at least come with me for moral support."