Chapter 1

As the sun peeked over the horizon, four figures became visible. The tallest was in the lead, her purple Cloak flowing gracefully behind her. Walking just behind her, another girl, only slightly shorter, turned back to call to their companions, her blonde hair whipping around.

"You okay back there?"

The boy gently lifted the little girl off the ground. "Yeah, coming Annabeth!" The pair caught up with the two girls in front of them. He swung the girl around him. "How're you keeping, Abigail?"

"Good!" she squealed.

He laughed, dark eyes lighting up in that way they so rarely did. The group kept moving with content expressions on their faces.

"Are we almost there?" the taller girl asked, her regal face perfectly composed.

" 'Bout a mile away," the other girl Annabeth replied.

Abigail's black hair, falling out of its tie, whipped into the boy's mouth making him cough and spit. He let out a curse in another language.

"Language!" Reyna scolded. They were silent for a while as they trudged towards their destination.

"Hey, I see something!" Abigail cried.

"Oh yeah! Right up ahead."

Nico spun lifted Abigail around once more. " You see the sign?" It's old and sad-looking sagging, but they can still read it. "Delphi Strawberry Farms, 3141 Old Farm Road. Home."

 "Ok, I can take a look at Nico, check for injuries--" an Apollo camper began.

"It's alright, I'll do it," Will interrupted, rather eagerly.

An awkward silence.

"Oh... I guess I'll check the little one," they said, winking at Will.

Austin was already done checking over Annabeth, and moved on to Reyna.

A hint of a blush dusted Nico's cheeks.

Will leaned in closer.

The others in the room peeked a look, and collectively groaned.

"Okay I'm going to lightly tap you in different places, tell me if anything hurts."

Nico, being the ultimate pain-hider, nodded, preparing himself to not let any sign of injury show.

Will ran his hands systematically up the other boy's arm, pressing at certain intervals. Nico tried not to giggle-- it tickled. Will grinned slightly at that.

Trying to ignore their growing audience, he crouched down and started up Nico's legs, intentionally avoiding a certain place. Nico's blush was much more pronounced at this point.

Much to the enjoyment of the watchers, Will kept at it, running his hands up his back, and then his torso. Nico barely flinched as fingers grazed his bruised ribs. He had no idea how Abi had avoided making it worse, but maybe kids just know these things.

Will narrowed his eyes. He had not missed the sudden tensing of the other boy's expression, however brief it was. "I'm going to need to examine your side further."

Annabeth covered Abigail's eyes.