A Whole New World Chapter 1: Allister

Quiet.

It seemed so strange to him.

No thousand cars with their horns blaring, no police sirens and the air actually smelled clean out here.

“What are you doing out here Allister?”

He looked back into the hotel room seeing Seth standing there along with a baseball game on TV, between the Mets and the Reds if he recognized the uniforms. Several other members of the team were sitting around there, David was warming some food up in the microwave content to just enjoy the rest here and Haru was reading over the hours for the pools, but Allister enjoyed the quietness of the balcony. No towering skyscrapers blocked the skyline. Only a few people were walking along the sidewalk, and a bird walked down the road without any cars getting in the way.

“It's so different,” Allister said.

“This is your first time out of the state, isn't it?” Haru asked walking beside him

“Yeah,” he said nodding his head. He ran a hand through his light blond hair, felling himself start to sweat from the heat of this early spring day. Which a day in April where he could stand outside in a t-shirt and shorts and not have to worry about the possibility of a random snow storm was something he wouldn't complain about. “It's quiet here,”

“What do you mean?” Seth asked.

“Just everything. It's not like downtown at all. It's kind of nice,” Allister said, leaning over the railing of the balcony, enjoying the cool breeze blowing by.

“Well, remember we're not here for vacation. Coach wants us to meet on the fields this evening to get practice in, and then we have the tournament this weekend.”

“I know,” Allister said. “Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.”

“You really do have your head in the clouds, don't you?”

Allister shrugged his shoulders, seeing a couple kids run down the street.

“Well, if you're not interested in the game, you mind heading into town and getting us some pop. You'd be able to see more of this place then.”

“Sure” Allister said, and Seth pulled out his wallet and handing him some money.

“You know where you're going?” Seth asked as the two of them walked back into the hotel room.

“Oh, I guess not,” Allister said.

“Well, of what Daniel said there was a store a couple blocks down the way we came in here. It was across the street from that gas station.”

“All right, thanks.” As Allister left the hotel room, he heard his friends cheering about a home run or something, but didn't care as much as he normally would. This was someplace new, something he wanted to see. At least for the few days he could.

A/N: Okay, this story is a bit different than most. For one thing, it doesn’t exist. At least not in the normal sense of the word. I mean sure, you have the beginning here, and I’ve written the ending, plus I have that small part in the middle, but that’s all. I wrote this chapter a while ago and then wrote the ending when I came across a writing prompt to end a story I hadn’t written, so I figured this romantic plotline would be the perfect for an ending. Expect the other two parts of this story soon.