Chapter Two: New Friends

---------------------------------------
'I love bad dreams. They force me to love the reality of my life.'
---------------------------------------

After hours of deciding and decorating, Adrien and I had finally finished. My bed was a mix of red and black sheets, pillows and comforters. My desk held the same model of laptop as Adrien, accompanied by sketchbooks, paint brushes, a portfolio resting against the side of the desk and bed, a mug filled with writing pens and pencils of different colours. I had added some drawings I was proud of onto a corkboard I had found behind my bed and hung up on the wall with slight difficulty. The drawings were mainly of my favourite youtubers, singers, animators, etc. A few posters of my own were surrounding the corkboard, of my favourite youtubers and animators of course. If you didn't guess already, I came to university to study art, media and creative writing. I was fascinated by the subjects and the work that came with them. I had considered also taking drama, but my self confidence was at an all new low after high school. Yes, you guessed it, because of the strand of purple. I still don't know if Adrien has a strand or not but I get really nervous if he gets too close to me. I couldn't pay attention to him while we were decorating because I had to concentrate on the task at hand.

I took a step back to admire the work we had done, forgetting I was standing on my bed before I slipped off and let out a squeak. Before I made contact with the hard wood below, I fell into something soft and cushiony. "What the hell..?" I muttered to myself, confused as to why I wasn't howling in pain. When I look below me to see what saved my back from possibly breaking, I see a dark purple been bag chair with a soft material. My gaze then shifts to the matching purple male looking down at me, obviously trying to hold in laughter. I give him a playful yet dangerous glare, raising an eyebrow slowly. "You think this is funny?" He only nods in response, not trusting himself to open his mouth without letting out the desperate howls of laughter.

Smirking slightly, I grab his knee and pull it towards the direction of my bed along with his foot. Not expecting this sudden action, he buckles and falls backwards onto his bed with a huff escaping his chest. Now, it was me holding back giggles of laughter at his expression. Complete shock. However, to my surprise he ended up letting out the laughter that he was trying to hold back. The laugh somehow sounded familiar but much deeper than the laugh I apparently remember. Nevertheless, I ended up letting out my giggles which soon joined with his laughter.

For the next few minutes we were both in the same positions, almost choking on our own laughter but eventually we calmed down and I was able to get up. "How did you even know I would fall?" I question the man sitting up with a grin, trying not to laugh again.

"Honestly? I didn't. I wanted to scare you that you'd fall into it, but it looks like you did my job for me. However, I was not expecting you to pull me down with you! That was just rude!" He let out a little laugh at the end while pretending to pout. I laughed as well and crossed my arms, dramatically pouting in attempt to copy him. We both stared each other in the eyes intensely, both trying to contain our laughter once again, not wanting to break before the other.

It didn't last long, though, because we both cracked up at the other's expression at the same time. Me bending over and holding my stomach while Adrien threw his head back, covering his mouth. That was until I snorted. I froze. Dammit. I didn't want to do that. Although, he didn't seem to care at all. He laughed even harder which made me feel more at ease with my embarrassing habit. I haven't laughed this much in ages, it really does feel good to laugh again.

All good things must come to an end as a knock was heard from the door. Seeing as Adrien was too deep in hysterics to even formulate any sort of sentence, I decided to sort myself and answer the door. I took a deep breath through my nose and released it out from my mouth slowly. I did this one more time while walking to the door, once I was sure that I was calm; I turn the handle and pull open the wooden door.

The pink haired woman from earlier was back with the teal haired girl from the elevator. My eyes locked with the first woman's. Vienna, I think her name is? A small smile spread on my face and the same happened to them except theirs were bigger and not full of awkwardness.

"Um, Hello. Vienna, right?" I ask, leaning against the door slightly, keeping eye contact like my mother taught me.

"Oh you do remember! Yes, I'm Vienna and this awkward buddle of blue next to me is Katy! It's awesome to meet you!" She motioned to the woman next to her, her smile growing at the sight. When she had turned her head, I noticed a small plait in her hair that was dark brown and I almost called her out on it from happiness. I'm not the only one.

Katy almost immediately took fake offense and lightly shoved her. "Hey! I'm way more outgoing than you! At least I can admit when I think someone is cute and say it to their face." A smirk covered over her smile and she crossed her arms playfully. Vienna's cheeks flushed a dark pink and she shoved Katy back causing her to laugh. Katy then turned her focus to me and held out her hand. "Yeah, I'm Katy. It's nice to meet you but if you're homophobic, I'm going down on you like a ton of bricks." Her upbeat and playful voice turned deadly serious and she gave me a look that could kill.

After I shook her hand, I raised both of mine in defence while shaking my head slightly. "You have no need to worry about that! I have nothing against the LGBTQ+ community, I never have and I never will!" I chuckle nervously, this woman scared me, honestly. The serious expression melted way and she clapped her hands, smiling brightly.

"Great! Now, may we come in? We came to see both of you, Scarlett!"

"Yeah sure. But, um, how do yo-"

"How do we know your name?" Vienna cut me off, giggling lightly. "Adrien has been super excited about getting a roommate. We have no idea why but he's been ecstatic." I nodded in understanding and let them in, I sat on my bed with Adrien on his, Katy hogging the bean bag chair and Vienna sitting in my desk chair. "So what do you guys want to do?"

"Truth or Dare?" Katy and I said in unison. We looked at each other and grinned. "I like the way you think, Scar." She grinned, using my newfound nickname. I said my thanks and Vienna started the game. 

"Alright, let's see." Vienna paused in thought for a moment, before a dangerous smile twisted her lips. "Adrien, truth or dare?"

He seemed confused and slightly scared by her expression when he answered. "Let's go safe for now. Truth."

"BOOO! Lame! You're no fun!" Katy protested, making me laugh momentarily. Adrien rolled his eyes and messed up her hair with his right hand, causing her to hiss at him which took me by surprise as he just laughed in response.

"Right, so, Kiss mary kill." She smirked once again, seeming as if she already knew the answer. "Max, Me and Scarlett." I went to protest but Adrien beat me to it as he answered quicker than I expected.

"Kill you for asking this stupid question. Marry Max, and kiss Scarlett. I'm not  kissing a dude!" He shook his head. I contained a blush, looking at my hands in my lap.

"HA! Gay!" Katy declared, pointing at him and dragging out the 'y' to put more emphasise on the word. This earned laughter from all of us, Adrien throwing a pillow at her and it hitting her right in the face. She hissed at him again which made us laugh even harder.

"I think my nickname for you will be Kat. You hiss way too much!" I giggle, Katy now hissing at me when Vienna speaks up.

"Yeah, agreed. She is as lazy as one!" Vienna spoke through laughter.

This continued on for a few more hours until we decided it was time to say goodnight seeing as our classes started tomorrow and we need to get a good rest even though I never wanted to sleep again while I was around them. Most of the time was spent with stupid dares, not very personal truths and uncontrollable laughter along with Kat hissing randomly.