Perfect

Song creds- perfect; Ed Sheeran 

Mike's Point of View

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead

I looked down at the pretty girl laying with me. It definitely has become a pattern that we cuddle like this every night. Her head rested on my chest and she just looked so peaceful. I planted a soft kiss on her head and laid my chin on the top of her head.

Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

She pulled me closer as her even breathing gave me peace. She might be deadly to others, inside she really, truly, was a sweet and kind person. It was no wonder that we made the connection we did that night in the rain. She was the prettiest and most caring person I have ever met. 

We might have been young, but we really did fall in love when we were twelve.

Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

I will never let her go. "Hey Mike," she whispered before laying a gentle kiss on my neck and cuddling up closer to me, if it was somehow possible. I smiled down at her and put my lips to hers gently and just felt the love we shared.  

It was all that mattered.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

We were just shooting in the dark. We didn't know what would happen in the next week. We didn't know what would happen tomorrow, we just knew everything would be okay in the end. 

"You wanna go make breakfast?" she asked looking up to me. I nodded excitedly and pulled the cover back and rolled out of the bed. I stood up from where I was on the floor and grabbed her hand and guiding her down the stairs of my house. 

We were in the kitchen when I locked eyes with her. "Watch this," I said before putting one of my mom's records on the record player in the kitchen. "You didn't?" She asked excitedly. I nodded slowly with a smile on her face. 

It was the song we had danced to years before at the snowball. It took me back to that time we showed a true connection. 

Four years ago

We were dancing to the final song of the night, our foreheads pressed together. Nothing could make this night more perfect. Nothing could make her more perfect. 

"You're perfect," I whispered as we continued to dance to the song I had never shown any interest in before tonight. I hoped she didn't hear me. "Perfect?" she questioned, never moving from where she was. 

"Yes, means you could never be prettier. It means you couldn't be more beautiful," I said looking at her now. She smiled before hugging me happily. So that's what we did to end the night, we danced while hugging happily.

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

Back to reality

One day we will become everything we have ever dreamed of. I want her to be my everything, even if we are young.

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

We loved each other so much, we were still together. We will stay together this time, I won't let us ever be separated again. 

We sat down at the kitchen table and I grabbed her hand and I saw my future. I saw everything I love, cherish, and want for the rest of my life.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

I started the record again and just listened to El sing the song. Her voice was honestly so beautiful, I wish she would sing for me more often. Then I listened to the lyrics that came out of El's mouth and I thought about how pretty she was that night. 

"You're still perfect," I said and squeezed her hand and kissed her hand gently. 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

"You haven't said that to me since the night of the snowball," she said with a small smile on her face. "Well, I haven't felt the need to until now. You really are my vision of perfect, I love you," I said dropping her hand and connecting our lips. 

My angel, my love, my El.

---------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this because I am hopelessly in love with Ed Sheeran and this is my favorite song combined with my favorite ship.

Bye lovelies,

-Rami