Operation Seduce Thorin Oakenshield (Bilbo X Gandalf X Thorin)

Start from the beginning

Thorin's strong, bearded jaw dropped as he lost his composure for almost a full minute. "Kili? What are you doing?!" he questioned.

Gandalf smirked, his bushy eyebrows raising as he eagerly watched the show. To Kili's delight most of the remaining dwarves circled round the couple to continue along the path where Fili was waiting.

"What is this?" Thorin frowned.

"Is that... Is that my dress?" Dwalin asked, he was shaking in annoyance. "Well? Is it?"

"It- uh..."

"It look good on you." Gandalf smiled kindly, that smile had been one of the many reasons that Bilbo had fallen in love with the wizard.

"I know what's happening. I should've realised when you started using that bow all the time." Thorin looked down and shook his head. "You're an elf aren't you!" he shouted.

"How could I- ugh! I was just trying to distract you two!" Kili placed his hands on his hips and sighed. "Oh and Dwalin..."

"Eh?"

"Biffur was rifling through your dressing up suitcase."

"NO! If he touches my silk gloves he will wish he was never born!" and with that he thundered up the road and wasn't seen again for 36 hours.

"They're all yours Bilb." and with that Kili sashayed after the rest of the company.

"Bilbo my boy. What's all this about?" Gandalf asked merrily.

The hobbit felt his face heat up and he looked down at his furry feet in embarrassment.

"Are you okay Bilbo?" the wizard frowned as he and Thorin closed in on him with equal looks of concern.

Bilbo couldn't do it. He couldn't take the humiliation of rejection, he felt now more than ever that he needed to be loved. Loneliness was the usual thing for him. But after months of trailing along with excellent company the boy had realised how lonely his life was.

All the nights he would have called calm and relaxing he now thought of as exceedingly lonesome. Even though he was surrounded by people he could already feel the sinking feeling of isolation settling in his heart once again. He wanted to be loved. He needed to be loved.

Tears trickled down his cheeks.
"You've both stolen a part of me. You made me realise how wonderful life is when you share it with something... Someone you love. I don't want this to end." his lip trembled, fiddling nervously with his buttonholes, taking a deep breath, palms sweating, mouth dry, heart beating fast- his stolen heart.

"It doesn't have to end." Thorin whispered,his voice softer than anyone had ever heard before. And then he said it, "Because I love you." barely a whisper, but Bilbo felt the brush of his beard from where it hung slightly above his face. He felt the words brush past his lips and land gently on his own warm skin.

Lost in the moment, but not too lost to realise that Gandalf was unusually quiet. The hobbit turned to look up at the tall cloaked figure. His face was anxious.

"I love you both." Bilbo stated with newfound confidence. He felt Thorin stroking his hair softly as he searched desperately for a sign of acceptance in his wizard's eyes.

"Bilbo. You know I love you back, but we can't be together. My lifestyle is different from any other. I can't ever stay in one place, that's why I have no home, nowhere to be safe, nobody to be there for me when I need someone."

"The door to Bag End is always open. Just like the door to my heart, it belongs to both of you, always, and I want to be with you. Whether it's two minutes or two days, I belong to both of you. The two of you have stolen my heart, and that is a sacrifice I will make for us to be together, no matter how long."

Gandalf hesitated before he released a breath that sounded like a buildup of pain that he had held for thousands of years. The three embraced and Gandalf thought, this is what home must feel like.

**********Sad Time skip***********

Bilbo woke to the sound of chirping birds and something crashing. He leapt out of bed to investigate.

Ray's of sunshine filtered through the windows of Bag End as the tired hobbit shuffled towards the living room. Used cups and dishes littered most surfaces as well as maps and old yellowing books.

He pressed his worn fingers against his chest to feel the reassuring presence of the ring sitting around his neck, this gave him courage to carry on. More scuffing noises coming from the hallway, he picked up his favourite walking stick from the pot by the living room door and crept towards the noise.

And then he heard the excited breathing and a blur of black hair from around the corner.

"Frodo? What are you doing up this early? It's barely 6:30." Bilbo placed his walking stick down and sighed with a smile at little Frodo.

"Nothing uncle Bilbo."

"What's that you've got there? I see you've been through one of my little treasure chests."

The raven haired hobbit revealed a framed sketch that Bilbo hadn't seen in a long time. Frodo presented the picture guiltily and refused to make eye contact.

"Oh..." Bilbo took the picture of Thorin in his warm hands and stroked a finger over the cool, smooth glass.

"Who is that?" Frodo whispered, bright blue eyes alight with gentle curiosity.

"That was Thorin Oakenshield." Bilbo uttered, his voice hoarse.

"Was?"

"Yes Frodo. He died a long time ago."

"Were you sad?"

"Yes son. We were very sad."