Chapter 19 - The Royal Steed, Daisy

Start from the beginning

I remember... father was so kind to me then, wasn't he? Then Daisy had stayed by my side till the bitter end. She was good to me, that horse. And my father meant the world to me, though he was a bit harsh sometimes.

A tear hit the ground as I kept thinking, when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I look up, my hair out of my face, to see Link.

His other hand goes around to my back, gently pulling me into a hug.

My head rests on his shoulder as I silently cry, mourning my beloved father and my royal steed, Daisy.

Zirin and Paya watch from a distance, not wanting to make anything worse.

After a minute or two, I pulled away. Without saying a word I got on my horse, and so did Link, though he first changed Princesses saddle and bridle again.

As we rode in silence, he came up next to me.

"Forgive me, Princess." He said as he blankly stared forward onto the road. I looked over to him, and I could tell, though he left up his robotic expression and tone, he was truly sorry.

"Don't be silly. I basically asked you." I looked back into the rode in front of us as I spoke.

I stopped and looked over to Link. "Anyway, what happened is over now. We need to focus. Which way are we headed from here, Link?"

All four of us stand still on a bridge that rests over a beautiful river. Funny enough, all of our horses are different. My horse has a brown coat with a darker brown mane, Links horse has a white coat with a tan or yellowish mane, and Zirin's horse... er... Zirin and Paya's horse has a blue coat with a dark blue mane. I wonder if Paya is going to get her own horse...

Link's looks at his Sheikah Slate, sewing which way we should go to get to Goron City the quickest.

I peak at his map to see that we're on the 'Little Twin Bridge'.

"We should turn around."

"What? Why?" I ask.

"We don't have to use the road. We can cut through."

I sigh, knowing this is a terrible idea. "Lead the way, Link."

We turned around and passed the sign that pointed towards the two ways to go on the road. Hateno Village or Kakariko. We went left, towards Kakariko. Passing over the bridge again, an the narrow path back to Kakariko.

As Paya holds onto Zirin, "Zelda? What if the villagers think we've given up or something?"

"We haven't, and they know it. They will just watch us leave again."

We enter Kakariko and pass the houses and people, some giving us a confused look. We take the path that goes upwards near the shrine. We take a right again, and go left at the spilt forest. The fairy fountain that Link would go to a lot during his travels laid right in front of us. I still gasp at the sight.

We go through the forest to find another narrow pathway that's surrounded in cliffs, similar to the entrance, but instead is elevated down a bit more. The path eventually is divided into two other roads and we all see a man standing at that divide, probably wondering which way to go.

I was ready to give him directions but Link stopped abruptly, somewhat far behind from the man.

Link held out his arm, palm facing us, basically staying, 'Stay here. I'll check
It out.'

He approaches the man, to which the traveler says, "I heard the whether is going to be nice tomorrow."

Link replies with, "Can't wait!"

Suddenly the man gets a creepy grin on his face, and says, "Too bad you won't be alive to enjoy it..."

"Yiga!" I yell.

"FOR MASTER KOGA!"

Then they both start fighting. The Yiga man jumps backwards, and gets in their signature fighting position, while holding his sickle. Link pulls out his
Royal Bow, with bomb arrows.

He pulls back and aims, missing the Yiga as he instantly moves to another spot. Luckily, Link most likely presumed he would do that, so he aimed at the ground in order to not hit us.

The bomb went off in a fiery destructive boom.

Link still standing in the same place, aimed for the next spot he showed up, and hit him with ease. The Yiga, now wounded, collapsed on his hands and knees, but Link shot another arrow at him without a second thought.

After the humiliating defeat, the Yiga pulled his body up to a crouch and made a weird hand symbol, to which he disappeared. He left behind two mighty bananas, and some rupees.

Link silently got back on his horse, and we were finally able to go left.

"...Are you alright?" I ask him.

He nods his head in response, which put a smile on my face.

___________________________

Gerudo Desert, the Yiga's hideout

"Master Kohga! I saw her! Just as you described; long blond hair, green eyes, with a braid that wraps around her head." The Yiga man said as he bowed to the other man in front of him.

"..Good." The eerie voice said on his throne-like seat in the dark room.

"That girl gives hope to people... and she is much more important then that low-class knight. Forget the knight and take her. Call all of our people back, and explain that we need the Princess....  you may use any means necessary to get her."