Chapter 19 - The Royal Steed, Daisy

Last chapter: Paya and Zirin leave with Zelda and Link. Zelda is aware that Paya and Zirin love each other and witness Zirin save Paya from falling. Link changes Princesse's armor to the royal saddle and bridal, bringing Zelda to face some old memories.

Zelda's P.O.V~

108 years ago, I pestered my father for a horse. Though he constantly told me I didn't need one, he eventually gave up, and ordered his men to go and fetch me one.

But I persisted, saying I wanted to go with them.

"Father, a horse isn't just a horse! It's a companion! You can't just 'fetch one'!"

Around this time, I was 9. Since I was still so young, I wasn't as pushed to awaken my powers. In fact, the thought of letting me go to the springs and personally talking to the future champions didn't even cross his mind. He didn't let me get Daisy for a purpose, simply for fun.

"Zelda... they will get you a fine-."

"No! Let me go with them." My father seemed quite taken back. I'm not sure why but I can only think it was because I've never felt so passionate about something.

"A lady does not raise her voice like that," My father said sternly. But then his gaze softened, "You can go with them." This was one of the times my father actually smiled. I smiled back.

"Thank you, father." I said gracefully. At the time I understood that I was a princess and couldn't always act like a spoiled brat. So I balanced (at least tried to) my kid-like nature with my princess-like nature.

My father helped me on a horse, then me, and a handful of men went out in search of my horse.

Their are a lot of horses in Hyrule. We went from place to place, and I looked at every horse I spotted.

None seemed... right.

I can't quite remember where I had seen her, but a horse did catch my attention and I would not let her escape.

I distinctly remember leaving my protectors behind and chasing after her.

It didn't take long until the little pony stumbled. I basically jumped of the horse I was riding and grabbed hold of the pony, swinging myself on to its back soothing it in the process.

I was... quite a... athlete. You could say.

The knights caught up with me, and scolded me for riding away.

We returned back to the palace with me confidently riding my new pony.

After bathing and feeding her, my father gifted me the royal bridle and saddle.

"What will you name her? Choose wisely." My father said.

"Hmmm... well... she's white... a daisy is white. I think Daisy will be fitting." I said with a smile.

"A lot of things are white, dear." My father said with a chuckle. "But... Daisy is quite fitting. Good job, Zelda."

"Thank you, dad."
.
.
.
.
I resurface, to find myself looking at Princess. I look down at the ground, my hair covering my face, I start to tear up.