CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Brynn stared at her sleeping sister who was passed out on the bed, mouth agape. Drool pooled down from her mouth and onto the pillow. Her hair was a mess, looking like it hasn't seen a comb or a scrunchy in days. To make matters worst, she didn't smell the best either.

Three weeks later, Chai had been doing nothing but eat, sleep and repeat. Asaad and Brynn decided to leave her alone since she needed to recuperate, but it was getting to the point where they were concerned about her mental and physical health. She wasn't practicing good hygiene or proper ethics to help her get back on her feet.

"Get up."

Brynn demanded once she got tired of staring at her. Chai didn't listen which prompted Brynn to get physical. She shook Chai back and forth and chanted "get up" until Chai finally complied. Chai sucked her teeth and turned her head over.

"Leave me alone."

"No, get up. You've been in this bed for weeks, haven't even thought to change the sheets and you stink. This isn't cute, hun."

"Leave me alone." Chai mumbled once again as she tried to zone her out.

Brynn shrugged and walked out of the room. She went into her bedroom where Fitch was clapped her hands to get his attention. Fitch rushed over to her and jumped up on her as she swiped her hands along  his dome.

"Come, lets go wake Aunty Chai up."

She told him get down and brought the Pitt over to Chai's room. The friendly dog jumped onto the bed, instantly waking Chai up. Chai gasped as she rolled over close to the wall, backing herself up on to the corner. Fitch noticed her fear and barked loudly.

"Brynn get him off the bed right now!" Chai demanded.

Brynn cackled as Fitch continued to get closer to her. Chai stood up as Fitch tried to climb on top of her. Once Brynn decided she had enough, she demanded Fitch get down. Fitch listened and got off the bed and ran out of the room.

"Good boy." Brynn said as she looked at Chai who was still huddled in the corner, afraid to move a muscle.

"Oh look, your up." Brynn smiled.

"That was a bitch move! You know I don't like dogs."

"Well get used to him because you live here now. Anyways, go freshen yourself because we're going out."

Chai rolled her eyes, "I don't want to go anywhere."

"You haven't been outside in like three weeks, Chai. This is very unhealthy and if you're going to be living here, you need to get your shit together. Go shower, get dressed. I'm taking you shopping."

"Shopping?" Chai looked at her sister with arched brows.

"Yeah, shopping."

Chai almost laughed. Last time she was taken shopping, she was able to chose anything from Gucci to Yves Saint Laurent. She knew that wasn't the case now which turned her off from the idea all together. If there was one thing she'd ever miss from Derek, it was how much he spoiled her. Unfortunately, that luxury only came with the price of her life. He wasn't afraid to teach her a lesson about how life was like without him. Two days after the incident, he froze her cards and left her with about $20 in her wallet.

"That's cute."

Brynn caught onto her shade and smacked her teeth in response, "don't make me snatch you off that bed. Ya' stink ass better be glad I'm getting you anything because I can let you continue to recycle those three pairs of panties you have."

"Shut up." Chai rolled her eyes, not proud of her recent habits. She was catching up on a lot of sleep. She could never get a good nights rest with Derek considering he would wake her up in the middle of the night to tell her he was hungry or to have another round of sex. Even if he didn't wake her up out of no where, she always felt like she had to sleep with one eye just in case he tried to hurt her.