CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Derek returned to his section feeling confident. He had no remorse for what he had just done to Chai. He told himself he'd teach her a lesson when he found her again. So said, so done.

Derek sat down on the velvet couch and rested his arms on the head of the chair. He started to watch the opening stripper show ahead of him and was itching for his drink. She knew better than to have him wait and was hoping she'd arrive in the next few minutes. Or else, she'd be sorry the next time they were alone in a room together.

Five minutes later, Kane returned to the section with all of Derek's bosses. They all had smiles on their face and were amused at how well-kept the ghetto establishment was. Derek studied their expressions and were happy that they liked Kane and the venue. If the two businesses linked up, Derek would have even more reason to be at the Honey Lounge.

"Kane, you have a great establishment here," the CEO complimented the self-made businessman.

Kane was flattered, "thank you. I
really try."

"Our artist would love to perform here but you just have to make those security enhancements we talked about."

"It'll be done," Kane promised.

"Just let us know and we'll arrange the first performance."

Kane was elated with his recent business deal. He knew a live performance at the Honey Lounge would generate the publicity he dreamed of. His place was already well-known but only to the people of Chicago. He wanted more people, especially more important people, to come to his lounge. He wanted to take it from a neighborhood hot-spot of a national hotspot.

"I wish we could celebrate over some drinks but unfortunately my bottle girl is missing," Kane could barely hide the distaste on his face for Chai's absence.

"Oh, my fault. I ran into her by the bathroom and asked if she could get my a drink since she was already near the bar," Derek explained. He didn't want her to lose her job because it would just pull them further apart.

"It's fine, we actually have to go. We have a very important meeting in the morning," the CEO said as he adjusted his blazer, "we'll surely be in touch Kane. Thank you for having us."

"Thank you guys for coming. I'll see you out," Kane said as he prepared to leave the section and lead them to the door.

The female executive looked back at Derek once she realized he wasn't coming, "Derek are you coming?"

They had an off-the-record relationship and she was the reason why Derek had such a connection to the CEO and the COO. At the label, she was his boss. Behind closed doors, he was her boss.

Derek shook his head, "I'm going to chill here with Kane for awhile."

She could barely hide her pout but straightened up once she noticed she was in the presence of people who could end her job in a second. She turned around and allowed Kane to lead the way.

     Within a few minutes, Kane returned to the section and took a seat next to Derek. He looked down at the table and realized that Derek still hadn't gotten her drink. He grew irritated,

"Did you ask for Niagara Falls or something? The hell taking that girl so long?" Kane asked.

Derek chuckled, "I'm chilling. There's really no rush."

"That girl so lucky I haven't fired her ass yet. If she was one of these new bitches she would've been out of here."

"Where did you even find her? She fine as hell."

Kane nodded in agreement, "shit who you telling? I've been trying to get with her since I met her. She don't like me, though. I met her working at a grocery store. You should've seen that pretty face frowning behind that register, looking sad as hell. I figured she'd make some good money here so I offered her a job."