CHAPTER ONE

Chai was on the brink of tears as she lied on the bed feeling Derek thrust himself deep into her with no regard for if she was hurting or not. She bit on her bottom lip in and clenched her eyes in pain as he continued to force himself into her, getting faster and rougher with every stroke.

"I'm about to cum," Derek huffed in her ear as he picked up the pace, trying to get as many strokes in before the final blow. He held onto the headboard as he dug into her, making sure she felt every inch of him. He looked down at her and mistook her pain filled expressions for pleasure. He bit on his lip in ecstasy as his eyes rolled behind his head, embracing her warm and wet womanhood.

Chai let out a slight shriek of pain as Derek stuffed all of him inside of her, releasing himself into the condom. He groaned with exhaustion and shifted beside her, knocking out as soon as his head hit the pillow. Chai trembled as she pushed her knees together, holding onto her vagina as she felt an incoming pulse. She was hurting. Having sex with Derek was never a pleasant time for her. He treated  her like an object rather than his lover. She was expected to lay down and let him have his way with her or else she would have to suffer the consequences. She felt like a slave for him and yearned for the day she was able to share something as personal as sex with someone who actually loved her.

Her long awaited tears left her eyes as she turned away from Derek, letting the salty drops of sorrow soak into the pillow. All she wanted was a better life for herself. Why couldn't Derek be her actual savior? Why couldn't he support her without the feeling of entitlement? Why didn't he love her the way she wanted and needed him to?

In the middle of her mini-breakdown, Chai's phone started to vibrate on the nightstand. Chai lifted her head up slightly from the pillow, checking to see if it was a known number. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she realized it was an unknown number on the screen. She glanced over her shoulder and checked to see if Derek was aware of the incoming call. Surprisingly, he was fast asleep. Chai took it as an opportunity to slide out of bed, grabbing her phone on the way to the living room. She gently closed the bedroom door and paced over to the middle of the living room, answering the phone as soon as she felt it was safe.

"Hello?" She nearly whispered.

"Chicago?"

Chai became alarmed as she checked her phone screen to make sure that the number was truly unknown. No one ever called her by her government name. She developed the nickname of Chai when she was younger and stuck with it ever since. When she moved the next town over with Derek, she was known strictly as Chai Bennett. She cut ties with everyone she knew and lost all the numbers she collected from them. She also changed her number to prevent people from checking up on her and trying to talk her out of her decision.

"Who is this?" Chai asked with deep concern. She immediately went into defense mode. She didn't know how or why someone managed to get her new number. She didn't need anyone trying to talk her out of a mistake she made three years ago when she was eighteen. She was completely aware that it wasn't the best choice but she was too deep into it and couldn't afford to revert back. Derek wouldn't allow it.

"You don't recognize your sisters voice anymore?"

Chai's heart swelled up as she realized that it was her older sister, Brynn. Chai swore she heard the last of her after their big fight the day she moved out. They exchanged cruel words to each other which ruined their relationship but all of that meant nothing now that three years later, their mother was dying.