Concrete Angel pt1 of 2

Sorry for any typos updating by mobile ^.^

Dedicated to BigBlackGlasses when I get on my computer. :3

Darkness closes in and I no longer can see anything in my bedroom. My bedsheets cover my body and I don't feel like moving ever again. I lay and listen to the rain pattering on the roof and window, the wind whistles against the open window near my closet. I'm thankful for today, a rainy Sunday night, when both Chris and my mom are gone. I can lay blissfully in the comfort of my bed and be surrounded by the darkness in my room.

I wake Monday morning feeling dreary. Chris and my mom are talking about having a baby, because their last attempt failed. This worries me, because I don't want Chris hurting another person. I slide on my school uniform after a shower and I go to school with Jenny. She's excited because she has a date on Friday and a study date tonight with a boy named Greg who's in her science class. Sometimes, at times like this, I wonder if I'd be like Jenny if I could trust guys... But because thinking of that, brings up bad memories I can't think of it too long. When we reach school, Jenny goes to her class and I go to mine. Mr. Robertson, my math teacher, is determined to teach me Algebra and have me understand it and I'm determined not to pay attention. Guess who wins? The girl who spent her math doodling a rose in her notebook. And I'll finish it in English.

When math is over, I roam the halls looking for Jenny. I find her in the courtyard talking to an unfamiliar group of people. Each one uniquely beautiful, and two girl and two boys made up the group. As I walked closer I noticed one of the girl has a huge nose that covers her face and pimples everywhere. We all have flaws.

"Hey" I say shyly, making my way to Jenny's side.

"Tessie!" Jenny giggles and gives me an excited friendly squeeze that causes me to blush with embarassment.

"Tessie?" Huge nose girl inquires in a snobby way.

"Yeah, Tessie - her name is actually Tessa." Jenny says, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "Tessa's my best friend."

"Ah." Huge nose rolls her hazel eyes. "I'm Megan, this is is Sabrina." Megan points to the girl next to her. Sabrina seems to be pimple-free and huge-noseless. But her face is rectangular shaped and her auburn hair is parted right down the middle, causing her head to look bigger.

"Is Tessa an elementary school student?" Asks one of the boys. It's the one with a frizzy brown haired perm. It looked more like a bad attempt at an afro.

"No, she's not." Says Jenny before I have the chance to defend myself.

The blonde, pretty boy of the bunch laughs. "Sush, Ian, she looks adorable." I would've thought he was sincere if he didn't laugh.

I look at Jen, I don't want to be here. Around these people. They don't seem very nice and I don't want to be friends with them. "I'll talk to you later." I say, then disappear.

People can be so cruel sometimes. I find myself sitting in the emptiness, waiting for my next bell to end because I was skipping class, until I was interrupted by the same blonde pretty boy from earlier.

"You're supposed to be in class, you know?" He asks when the cafeteria door shuts. I quickly jump to my feet and am prepared to leave at any second.

"You look like you just saw a ghost." He laughs.

I looked away, ignoring him, and gulped. "I'm sorry." I ran out after that.

I'm really not sociable.

After school I find Jenny at her locker with Chloe.

"Hey Tessa." Chloe says to me with an enthusiastic smile.

"Umm, hey." I say quietly.

"Tessa, me and Chloe were talking about dating. If you could date anyone who would it be? Oh and they can't be famous, though I'd totally date Josh Hutcherson any day." Jenny puts her books and turns to me.

I can't believe she finds Josh Hutcherson attractive. I think his face looks like a block. I call him blockface boy. "I don't know." I shrug.

"Okay, well me and Chlo agreed we'd date Tristan."

I don't know who that is, or ask, because I look at the time and I'll miss the bus ride home... Then I'll be late for Chris and he'll get angry at me.

I ride the bus home, sitting in my seat all alone. Adam still sits across the isle from me and I only remember his name because other than Chris... Adam was my first kiss.