twenty.

Arabella Easton

I stepped into the driveway of the Prettymuch house. I was afraid of what Edwin had texted me last night. He had some sort of "problem" and he needed me to "come as soon as I could." I knocked on the door a few times to reveal Brandon leaning against the door frame.

"What are you here for Easton?" Brandon smirked.

"It's Arabella, by the way, and what I'm here for is none of your business," I snapped. My eyes couldn't help but gaze apon his neck. I looked for the heart locket only to realize that he had taken it off.

"So you're here for?" Brandon questioned.

"Like I said none of your damn buisness now move," I said shoving him away from the door. I went straight to Edwin's room and knocked on the door a few times. No answer. I knocked again until I heard the shuffling of feet from behind me. I walked out of the hallway of rooms to be greeted by the other four boys.

"SURPRISE MOTHA FUCKA," Zion exclaimed. Edwin held a poster with my tour dates and pictures from all the places. Nick held a cake with the words "congrats on tour!" piped in pink icing. Austin held a mini gift bag with a party favor kazoo in his mouth. I hugged each and everyone of them and took a picture of the gifts.

"What is all this?" I laughed as Nick placed the cake on the counter.

"Issa gift for your success on tour," Austin informed. Edwin took out a lighter from the kitchen drawer and lit up the pink candles. I blew them out as Austin handed me the mini gift bag. I reached my hand inside the colorful tissue paper to reveal a card, polaroids from tour, and a blueberry muffin. I grinned at the gift and wrapped my arms around the boxed muffin.

"You didn't have to do all of this," I said.

"You deserve it," Edwin smiled. I took a bite of the blueberry muffin and sighed.

"I wanna get Jamba Juice," I laughed gathering my keys.

"You heard the girl she wants Jamba Juice," Nick said, getting keys from the drawer.

"No I can get it myself." I began to walk out the door until Zion grabbed my arm. He let the boys walk out in front of me while I pouted.

"B you comin?" Zion called. Brandon shook
his head "no" as he sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal.

. . .

I stumbled out of the car as I rushed to get in line. I patiently waited for my turn, and ordered a Strawberry Whirl. The boys followed behind me and ordered some drinks. I tapped my foot as I stood behind the counter. The employee placed a pink smoothie and called my name. I picked up my drink and took the wrapping of the straw off. All of a sudden, I bumped into someone behind me as I turned around, spilling their drink onto their shirt.

"I'm so sorry," I said wiping their shirt with my tissue. The boy looked about my age with neatly straight parted hair with a perfectly framed face. His eyes were a nice shade of brown and his jaw smoothly connected to his chin. The boy looked down at me and chuckled.

"You're okay," he laughed, noticing how red my face got.

"Could I get you another drink or do you want me to give you money for a new one?" I questioned shuffling inside my bag for extra change. He stopped my hands from moving around when he flashed a beautiful grin at me.

"No need to get me anything, thank you though," the boy replied, combing his hair back with his fingers. I raised my eyebrow as I became visibly red. "I'll see you around." He put one last grin on his face before leaving the two white doors.

"Someone's got a boy," Edwin teased. I playfully punched him and took a sip of my drink.

"She turned into a whole ass tomato real quick," Zion laughed.

"Okay okay back to the car," I whined. On the ride back to the Prettymuch house, I sat in comfortable silence while the boys blasted some music. I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened and how embarrassed I was. I scrambled out of the car before the boys could tease me further. I opened the door to reveal a shirtless Brandon throwing some seasoning into a cooking pan.

"Aye Ara when this boy gets you we better get some meeting," Nick laughed. Zion took out a juul from his pocket and opened the sliding door that led to the backyard.

"Who's coming with?" Zion chuckled, holding up his juul. The boys followed behind him and they ushered me to come with.

"I don't-yeah," I respond. The boys left me alone with Brandon and the sizzling of the oil that sat on the pan.

"So who's this boy?" Brandon said, leaning against the kitchen table.

"No one," I scoffed, taking a sip of my smoothie. Brandon rolled his eyes and whipped out a spatula from a drawer.

"Well I called you last night," he began, "and you didn't answer."

"I know." He turned back around and raised his eyebrow.

"And you didn't pick up because?"

"Brandon I don't want to deal with whatever bullshit you're gunna pull up so cut the act and get straight to the point."

"Damn, shorty's feisty."

"It's Arabella," I retorted, "Why did you even call in the first place?"

"I just miss your voice." I rolled my eyes to his response.

"You have Charlotte's demon rat voice why would you miss mine?"

"Char and I broke up, Ara." Brandon kept flipping his perfectly seasoned chicken as if he didn't just tell me what I heard.

"Brandon she texted me last night telling me a bunch of bull shit about you," I responded, "About the leaked photo if you weren't aware."

"Oh I know about the photo but what did Charlotte say?" he asked as he took the chicken off the pan and placed it on a plate. I pulled up Charlotte's nasty texts and flashed them at Brandon. He took my phone from my hands and scrolled through the messages. "None of that ever happened." I shrugged and placed my phone down on the table.

"Sorry I didn't know," I said, taking a seat behind the mini counter. Brandon brought his chicken over to me and sat on the empty chair next to mine. I felt his eyes sink into me while I took a few sips from my drink.

"You know, I miss your cute ass smile. Where did that go?" Brandon complimented, grabbing my attention.

"Whatever Arreaga."

"Your demeanor is getting the best of me," he chuckled.

"Stop pushing it Brandon I will-"

"What? Leave me?" Brandon's smirk sunk into me. "You act like 'leaving me' will do anything princess. You've done it too many times and it's getting boring." Brandon took his hand and traced it on my jaw. He plastered a devious smile on his face and leaned in closer to me.

"You know I could do you so right...." he murmured into my ears. The sound of his voice was enough to send my skin goosebumps. I pushed his face away from mine before it could get any closer than I desired.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you and Char break up?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Nothing was working out and she wasn't the woman I once knew," Brandon shrugged. "I have my eyes on someone else." I let out a chuckle and sighed.

"Good luck to her," I murmured.

thanks 4 2k sksksksk ily 🥺