thirty four.

Arabella Easton

2 weeks later

@arayee: bay area

@arayee: bay area

comments disabled

I fiddled with my hair in the mirror with my black painted nails. It was getting longer than I would've liked it to be. Hanging right under my shoulders, I tossed the jet black bunch to the side. I glanced at the clock right above my mirror and quickly hurried off to my car.

5:30

Shit I'm late!

I pulled up abruptly to the closest parking to the salon. I grabbed all my things and pushed the glass door open, the bell making it obvious that a customer waited at the counter. A tall young man, who looked about my age, flashed the most beautiful pure smile. My heart never bounced like this. I stared at his features wide eyed and jaw slightly opened. His middle parted hair was straight and jet black, just like mine. His face was carefully carved and shaped as if he was a beautiful statue built in Rome. His figure was very charming and I couldn't stop staring at him.

"Hi how may I help you?" the boy asked. I shook myself out of my thoughts and smiled.

"I have an appointment... for 5:30" I informed.

"Someone looks like they're late to their hair appointment," he chuckled. I blushed in embarrassment as an older woman stood next to him, hands tucked in front of her.

"Arabella Easton correct?" she grinned. I nodded. "This way." I followed the lady around the counter and took one last look at the boy. I was situated in a leather black chair with a huge mirror attached to the wall. The lady wrapped a thin tissue material around my neck and threw a huge fabric around my whole body.

"I just need a trim," I began, "up to here." I placed my hands to display the perfect length I wanted my hair to be. The woman nodded. We both sat in comfortable silence as the woman occasionally bent my head in different ways, cutting my hair with her scissors.

"You know you look good for my son." I took my attention off the mirror and reran her words through my head. I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly so I raised my eyebrow, hoping that she'd notice that I didn't understand her. Luckily, she did. "My son....the boy at the counter."

Good to know.

I nodded my head and flashed a pretty smile. She refocused herself to trimming my hair. I never thought about seeing other people because I had to admit, I was still hung over Brandon. But yet again I'm in San Francisco. Brandon and I are old news.

.  .  .

My hair was back to it's short state. I ran my fingers through my hair as I held a hand mirror to my face.

"It looks great!" I beamed. The lady nodded at me and gently took the mirror from my hands. She led me towards the counter and waved goodbye. I took out my wallet and searched around for my card.

"Your total is $33," the boy said. I let out a small groan to the price and handed the boy my card. He gladly took one glance at the card and gave it right back to me.

"Sir I don't think you-"

"It's okay I paid for it." I shifted my eyebrow up in disbelief.

"Listen...." I started, squinting my eyes to look at his name tag, "Darren you didn't have to do that-"

"-it's my pleasure Arabella," Darren laughed.

"Is there anything I could do to repay you?" I asked. Darren stared down at me and leaned on the counter so he was on my level.

"I mean I could get that number of yours," the boy said. I let a smile creep on my face as Darren's face begged me for an answer.

"Hand me that piece of paper and that pen," I asked politely. Darren did as I asked and watched as I drew number across the piece of paper. I handed Darren the piece of paper and grinned. "Use it wisely." Darren placed a kiss on the paper and winked. I walked out the store and moved myself into my car, my heart thumping to what just happened. I placed my head on the wheel and screamed in excitement. I was satisfied with the feeling of new butterflies in my stomach. I leaned back in my chair and started my car.

.   .   .

The San Francisco sunset couldn't compare to the ones in LA. Blues mixed with purples and pinks reflected against my eyes as I drove past tall buildings on my way home. It felt good to finally make myself comfortable back in SF. Everything was just how I left it.

As for Brandon, I still loved him. I wondered if he still thought about me or if he knew I even left. I never thought I would ever be happy without Brandon and the feeling of him was what I always looked forward to. But I no longer craved the presence of the four eyed boy. He's moving on and most importantly I am too.

And with that I could finally end that chapter of my life and start a new one.

The End

PLEASE READ!

Thank you guys for 35k reads! This book kinda got popular and I'm sooooo thankful for you guys hehe. I never thot this would get anywhere 🥺 Thenk u for reading this trash fan fiction and I love u all uwu

please let me know if you want a sequel! I'll update this book with the details of the sequel if I end up writing one

Please vote my luvs!!!