Chapter 19

I was sleeping soundly when I felt an extra weight being put on the bed. I opened my eyes and saw Cassidee sitting there, smiling at me.

''Good morning.'' I smiled, brushing hair out of her face.

''Guess what today is!" She smiled. I furrowed my eyebrows and started to tap my chin.

''Hmm, is it Christmas?" I chuckled slightly.

''No!"

''Is it...Halloween?'' I smirked at Cassidee.

''Yes! Annnnnd!?'' She giggled, jumping up and down. I snapped my fingers and smiled up at my daughter.

''Silly me! It's your birthday!"

''YES! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" Cassidee stood up and started jumping up and down on the bed. She jumped off the bed and yanked the covers off of me. ''COME ON DADDY! PARTY!" She yelled, pulling my arm.

''Well before we do any partying, why don't we get you dressed and fed?" Cassidee ran to her room and closed the door. I sat up in bed and stretched out my arms and legs. I got out of bed and walked over to the closet, getting dressed as well.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker. A few seconds later, Cassidee came running down the steps, her hair was messy and her shirt was on backward.

''Did you look in the mirror before you came downstairs?" I giggled.

''Yes, I did.''

''And did you think you looked good?"

''Yes.''

''Well walk backward and maybe no one will notice. Come here, you.'' I smiled. I lifted off her shirt and put it back on the correct way. ''There. Now let's get something to eat and we can go shopping for your party.''

''Yes!" I poured Cassidee a bowl of cereal and myself a cup of coffee.

''Anything else you want to do today for your birthday?"

''Like what?"

''Dress up and get tons of candy and get hyped up on sugar. Did Mom ever take you out for trick or treating?"

''No.'' It broke my heart hearing that.

''Well! After we have a party, I'll take you out tonight.'' Cassidee and I finished up our breakfast and we headed out to the grocery store to get some things for her birthday party. While we were shopping I texted Ricky if he had everything at the house set up.

Back in September, I told the guys I wanted to throw Cassidee a surprise birthday party. Hopefully, this all turns out good and Cassidee has a nice birthday. I headed over to the bakery and waited to get Cassidee's cake.

''Want to see your cake?" I asked Cassidee. She smiled and nodded her head as I picked her up. The lady behind the counter lifted the lid and showed off the cake. It was white with purple roses and written in purple icing was "Happy Birthday Cassidee!"

''Let's cut it!"

''No.'' I laughed, setting her down. ''Not until we get home.'' I placed it in the cart and walked around, picking up a few more items. Cassidee got in the backseat next to the cake, so I placed the groceries between them. I did not need to make a second trip for a birthday cake.

''Is it party time yet?"

''Almost, but first I'm buying you your first birthday gift of the day.''

''What is it?"

''It's a surprise.''

''Tell me.''

''My mouth is sealed.'' I giggled.

''Daddy!"

''Okay, okay, we're here anyway.'' I laughed as I pulled into the Party City parking lot. We got out of the car and I took Cassidee's hand, going into the store. ''I'm buying you a costume for trick or treating tonight.''

''Yay!" We walked to the back to where the kids' costumes were and I let Cassidee have a field day. I laughed as she looked at the different costumes. ''Dis one! Dis one Daddy!" She pulled the bag from the shelf and showed it to me.

''You want to be a witch?"

''Yes!''

''You're positive this is the one you want?" She smiled, nodding her head. ''Okay then, let's go pay for this.'' I paid for her costume and went back outside, getting in the car to go home.

I pulled into the driveway and got out, carrying Cassidee's cake. I opened up the door and almost dropped it when my bandmates and their girlfriends screamed ''Surprise.''

''Jesus!''

''It's only Chris!" Balz laughed. ''No one cares! Where's Cass?''

''Right here!" She hollered, stepping in front of me.

''Surprise!" They yelled again.

''I'm going to put this down so I don't nearly drop it again.'' I laughed, walking into the kitchen.

*******************************************

I was glad to say that Cassidee had a nice birthday party. She got mostly makeup and clothes, along with more dolls to lay around her room that I'll probably end up tripping over.

''You taking her trick or treating tonight?" Ghost asked.

''Yeah, this is her first time, she'll like it though.''

''What's she going as? Let me guess...princess?" Ryan asked.

''Nope! She's dressing up as a witch.''

''Too bad her mom didn't name her Abigail, that would've been the cherry on top.'' Balz chuckled.

''Chris! Come and look at Cassidee!" Allie smiled, pulling me into the living room.

''Wow! Look at you!" Cassidee was all dressed up in her Halloween costume. It was a black top with a green, purple, and orange tutu. There were different colored spider webs on the front, Cassidee's hat, and her little leggings.

''You look awesome!" Ryan gave her a thumbs up.

''Can we go now? Can we go now?!"

''Yes. Just let me get your jacket and mine and we can go." Cassidee grabbed her little jack o' lantern bucket and grabbed onto my hand, tugging it. Oh, this is going to be one fun-filled night.

Cassidee's costume------------------->>