Dinner

Sam was relaxed for the first time in a while.

He shut off his phone, turned notifications off on his laptop and spent the day reading a nice classic in the den. After last night's back rub he felt more intimate with you. Both brothers felt more intimate with you.

"Hey!" he gained your attention while you were halfway through a sandwich.

"Hey," you mumbled, still chewing, "what's up?"

"I wanted to thank you for that back rub last night. I had the best sleep of my life, let me buy you dinner."

The request shocked you, making you think of the night before and choke on your sandwich. Truth be told, spending time with the Winchester's lately has caused some feelings to arise, feelings you expected not to be reciprocated how you wanted. And especially after that kiss with Sam, buying dinner did sound a bit date-y.

"Where were you thinking?" you asked, stepping down next to him. He looked so calm today, smiling and confident with his words...it was kinda sexy.

"I was thinking of Italian or Chinese. There's a great yum cha place up the road or a nice Italian place a few blocks away," he smiled cheekily. You were the one to make the decision about whether or not you wanted a place.

"The dress code for the Italian place-"

"Cocktail, of course," he interrupted.

"And the Chinese place?" you fiddled with your thumbs.

"You could wear crocs and a onesie, they don't care."

The way Sam was looking at you...it was like he knew. He knew how you felt and he was making you beg for it. It was enticing, the thought of going on a date with a Winchester, but after what happened with Dean the night before; it was wrong...right?

"I guess I'm in the mood for some garlic bread," you shrugged, hoping not to come on too keen. Sam grinned anyway, knowing the meaning behind your choice.

"Italian it is."

*

Of course, Sam knew what he was doing but when it came time to actually take you out all he wanted was to keep you in your room and eat in there.

"You look-"

"Woah, who's the hottie?!" Dean called out, walking down the hallway eating a doughnut, "Y/N? I didn't know you owned...those clothes," both brothers couldn't keep their eyes off you.

"I can change," you wanted to cancel the entire dinner, becoming self-conscious at the stares.

"No! No, please. You're perfect, let's just go. The reservation is soon," Sam took your hand and led you only a step before Dean interjected.

"Reservation? You two going on a date?" Dean squinted at how close you were to Sam but he also couldn't keep his eyes off your waist. Sam looked at you for a brief moment and fought telling Dean to piss off.

"No! No, I was just thanking Y/N for getting me to sleep last night, with a dinner," Sam answered.

"Getting you to sleep?"

"She rubbed my back, remember?" Sam became nervous. A small silence followed as Dean was still eyeing off Sam.

"What are you getting?" this seemed like an interrogation.

"Italian."

"Gino's?"

"Romero's."

"Ah, nice. Mind if I join?" Dean invited himself.