Darkness, then Silence.

There she was, slowly sinking to the lake bottom. Air bubbles escape the females frozen, purple lips as her bruised face grew to a pale blue coloration. She tried hard to move her left arm, the burning candle that represented her determination and hope slowly burning out. The once tall, shining flame now only a small, wavering and faded dim blur. Her eyes close. Was this It? Was this the end for Y/N?? Those questions rang in her mind as the nipping bites of the chilled water completely took her. The male riding the white horse, who had been seen by Y/N was just passing by when he saw a common woman in trouble. The group of men after her had him already concerned, as did the red snow. He couldn't tell if it was the girls, or the men's, but he wasn't going to take the chance of not finding out. He dug his heel into the steeds side, using the stir ups to keep him balanced as he held the bridal in one hand, the crop in the other. He yanked back urgently once on the edge of the lake preserved by the ice. He ran to the hole and ripped his cape off, diving in. He doesn't know why he leaped into the fatally cold water, he just acted on his own. Perhaps it was a sign? Or maybe their interaction was bound to happen. He swam as fast as he could, keeping his eyes open a little. He could see the sunken female. She was reaching out, and it only made him act quicker. He reached down, before he felt his chest on the verge of bursting into flames. His hand was tight are hers. He stared into her eyes, his once piercing and stern blue eyes now softening when he saw her beautiful E/C ones. He soon snapped out of it, seeing that the last few bubbles emit from her nose this time. The man jolted, swimming upwards as quick as possible. Luckily they were in water, because If they weren't, it's be harder to be fast with all the armor on and to be carrying a girl. It felt like hours had passed. Finally, he burst from the water with the girl hugged to his chest. He managed to crawl out of the water, his eyes wide. She wasn't breathing. Y/N could feel nothing as she drifts in the blank space of her mind, seemingly unconscious. The white haired man laid her down on her back and got on his knees beside her. Placing a palm on her bared chest, and another palm on top of the first one, he started doing compressions. One, two three. He'd think out loud, then leaned down, pinched her nose shut, and locked lips. He breathed into her, pulling away as he started again. One, two three, repeat. He did this about seven times before Y/N started to cough. She was crying so hard as she did, feeling her eyes were about to simply bulge from their sockets. She coughed harder and harder, wheezing slightly as she started to choke on the water she coughed up. Griffith was quick to support her, leaning her up and holding her up with his arm extended around her back. She was small, he could feel her spine. Y/N opened her eyes and took a look at the man, her vision blurred as she felt highly waterlogged. "Th...thank you so much..." She said to him as her voice was extremely raspy at the moment. Her throat was in pain from the gagging. "Are you alright? Besides being waterlogged?" He asked. "No wounds? Did you hit your head? Is your vision okay?" Y/N turned her head up to see the man who saved her. It was almost as of time stopped. She stared at him. The male had snow white hair that pooled over his shoulders and draped down his mid-back and bangs that fell over his forehead. His white hair was long, fine, and curly. His complexion was like a pale ivory, although it didn't make him seem too pale. His lips were a light pink and rather plump for a male, they gave him a distinguished demeanor, as did his eyes. His eyes. They were like hours of nothing but ocean. Almost looking into crystal balls that gave you access to see nothing but the seas. Y/N stared at him for a while. "Madam? Are you not able to respond? Madam?" He taps her cheek with his palm twice to snap her out of it. Y/N turned red in embarrassment and slowly smiled. "Y-Yes..im fine. I can't see very well and I can't feel my legs. They are fairly numb... I owe you my life sir....uhm...pardon my rudeness, but may I know the name of my Savior?" She asked. Y/N was extremely grateful to this man. He was fairly polite as well, and he saved her ass. "Oh goodness. Understood. Do you mind coming with me to my camp- I mean, I highly recommend it unless you wish to die of hypothermia." Griffith said. "Oh, and my name is Griffith, milady. What would a beautiful woman as yourself be called, hm?" The male asked, putting his arm out. Y/N gave a weak and weary smile as he introduced himself. "Griffith. Wait- THE Griffith?? Leader of Band of the Hawk??" Y/N was shocked. Extremely shocked. She took his hand and he pulled her to his chest. He supported her, knowing she couldn't stand. He lifts her up and puts her on the saddle. "Hug onto the horses neck, and intertwine your fingers with his mane. Try to stay warm, Understood? If it comes to it, I'll strip and give you my shirt." Y/N didn't want his shirt. She just wanted to get somewhere safe so she can rest up and then take her leave. Though, something gripped at Y/Ns thoughts constantly. There was something about this man that was oddly familiar. Was it his eyes perhaps? Those bright blue eyes, they could pierce the hardest soul, yet make a child grin from ear to ear. Y/N was so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't hear what the man was saying. She then felt the cold air hit her face. That's what he was probably saying to her, to brace herself because they were leaving. "Don't worry madam, I may be taking you to our base, but you can rest in my tent. If you're comfortable with it, I'll let you rest with the others. It's completely up.to you." Y/N had trouble hearing the males soft voice due to the constant sound of snow crunching under the stallions huge hooves. Her teeth started to chatter rapidly, and she closed her eyes tightly. Before no time, the horse was slowing down. Griffith smiled and sat up completely. "Alright, we've arrived. You still never gave me your name." He reminded her with a friendly smile. "Oh! M-My bad. My name is Y/N." The female introduced herself with a weak grin. "That's a beautiful name, Y/N." He said it over and over with a small tune at the end. Y/N could feel her cheeks redden. "Lets get you to the fire, you need to warm up...I can get you some warm clothes, as well." Griffith was very respectful. He didn't look at her chest once, even if she didn't have a shirt. He began to lead his horse by it's bridle to his tent. Y/N looked as they walked through the rows and rows of tents, some men standing around while others sharpened swords. She watched how happy Griffith seemed to be, and what positive attitude he had towards his men. It made her feel warm inside. Was this the group of cold blooded mercenaries everyone feared? Was Griffith really who she heard he was?