Chapter 10 - B.I [A Helping Hand]

Start from the beginning

"Won't you be troubled?"

You shook your head, "It's fine. I'm just going to pack up my stuff and wait here for you to finish. Wherever you go I go-" Your face turned fifty shades of pink when you realized how that sounded. "Because I'm your stylist- I mean-er you know, right?"

Hanbin chuckled seeing your flustered expression. "I know, thanks. I couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist." He bent down to talk to his son who was occupied by the coloring book in front of him. "Han-Jae, Daddy is going on stage now. The pretty Noona will take care of you okay?" Hanbin pointed at you.

Han-Jae nodded as he looked in the direction his father indicated.

With a final pat to his son's head, Hanbin ran out of the dressing room.

You took over Hanbin's place beside Hanjae and introduced yourself. "Hello Han-Jae, my name is Y/N. I'm going to take care of you if that's okay."

Han-Jae nodded then handed you a few crayons. "Noona can use these." He moved his coloring book over so he could share it with you. "We color together for Daddy." Han-Jae loved coloring because he liked getting comments from his father. Hanbin would gasp in awe at his work and so Han-Jae continued to seek those reactions.

There were no complaints on your end. You were happy to help him color.

As the hour passed you found yourself getting along very well with Han-Jae. He started talking more and like all children, he began asking questions. "Noona how old are you?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

He nodded eagerly.

You looked around before leaning in to whisper your age in his ear. "You keep that to yourself okay, women don't like having their age revealed."

He laughed not really understanding but he liked the silly faces you made when you told him to keep your secret. "Do you have kids?"

Hanbin stopped at the dressing room door when he heard his son's laughter coming through it. Soon he realized he could hear clearly the conversation between you two.

"Not yet."

"You want one?"

You nodded, "someday."

"Why not now?"

You became speechless, only strange noises left your lips. "It's not that easy. First I need a boyfriend and I don't have one of those."

"Do you want one?"

You giggled, "I do and before you tell me to get one, it's not that easy."

Han-Jae tilted his head. He had heard this before. When he asked Hanbin why he didn't have a Mommy. The answer he got was that until he had a girlfriend then he would have a Mommy but it wasn't easy to find one. "Why not?"

Hanbin opened the door slowly wanting to get a look at Han-Jae.

"You ask the hard questions Han-Jae." You sighed, "I'm not sure how to explain it to you. The basics are that two people have to like each other."

"Is that when someone makes you smile?"

You nodded, "that's a part of it."

"You and Daddy were smiling when you were talking."

Panic set in as you realized this little boy was smarter than you thought. "We were but-"

"You don't like Daddy?" His smile faltered making you jump into action.

"I do- I mean your Dad is a very nice man. He's handsome, he works hard, he's kind, and a great father to you..." You didn't know where you were going with this. "It's-" you fanned yourself with your hands as you struggled to continue.

Hanbin smiled when he heard all the things you said about him. He decided to help you out and step in to stop his son's line of questioning. "I'm back."

"Daddy" Han-Jae ran to show Hanbin his coloring. "Me and Noona did this."

"Woah!" he gasped. "It's awesome!"

Your face went red as you realized he could have heard your conversation. Your eyes went to the door hoping you could get out but Han-Jae's voice stopped you from attempting it.

"Noona is fun."

You were touched by his words and forgot about escaping altogether. "I had fun too Han-Jae."

"I want to be with Noona a little longer." He let go of Hanbin and grabbed onto your hand. "Want to come to my house?"

Now Hanbin was the flustered one. "That's a bit too forward Han-Jae." He looked over at you, meeting your eyes. "But..." You could tell he was now looking at you in a different way. "Would you like to eat lunch with us? We have time until the next appearance."

"Come on Noona say yes."

For your own sanity, you could have said no to Hanbin if he were the only one asking but Han-Jae was making it difficult. "Okay."