Chapter 10 - B.I [A Helping Hand]

You were beginning to worry when you saw all the other members were present and in their chairs getting their makeup done except for yours. It had been a few weeks since you got this new job as a makeup artist for IKON. "Y/N what are you doing just standing here?", one of your seniors asked.

"I-umm-ah he's not here yet." You looked away in fear of her response.

"Who?"

"Hanbin. they told me to wait for him."

"The show is about to start and he hasn't gotten here?"

You shook your head wishing you were brave enough to ask why she was yelling at you when you had done nothing wrong.

"I'll have to call YG-"

"I'm here," Hanbin announced a bit out of breath as he entered the dressing room with his son. He put him down and sighed, "I'm here now."

"Good please sit down and let Y/N do her job." She practically pushed him down into the chair and you immediately began applying the first product onto his face so she wouldn't scream at you again. "I suppose your son's babysitter is late again?"

"Uh- yeah, she'll be here before I go on stage."

The woman sighed, not content. "You should find a better sitter." Once she left you took a look at Hanbin's face and noticed the worry in it. "You lied didn't you."

"How did you know?"

The stuttering gave it away but you just shrugged, "I guessed."

He gave you a shy laugh knowing he had been caught. "Yeah..." he looked over at his four-year-old son who at such a young age had gotten accustomed to being on the move. He was a calm boy who never made trouble for him. "I had to get rid of Han-Jae's sitter. She was releasing information about me and photos of him to the media. I want Han-Jae to live peacefully so I fired her but now I keep thinking the same thing will happen."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Your smile dropped as you felt saddened by his problems. Hanbin was only trying to be a good father to his son and work so he could give him a good life. You admired him for that.

Hanbin inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Now I don't know what to do. I have a full schedule now with the release of the album." You knew very well how packed his schedule was. The whole reason you were hired was because the workload for IKON had been increased.

"You're telling me..." you joked as you moved directly in front of him and stared at his eyes trying to figure out how you could possibly make him any more handsome than he already was. "My job isn't as hard as yours but it brings its challenges." You wouldn't tell him though.

He finally gave a light-hearted smile. "I'm sure it's hard to work with such demanding people."

"You mean that Unnie? Yeah" you sighed. "I'd rather not say anything. She might hear me and then where would I go?"

"Don't worry I won't let her do that. I know I haven't taken the time to get to know you in the past few weeks that you started-"

"That's alright." Once you were finished you let Hanbin take a look in the mirror. From his reflection, you could see the worries were taking over. That wasn't good for someone who had to go on stage and perform for his fans with a smile on his face. You looked over at his son who until now had kept silent and got an idea. You wanted to help them out. "About your son..." you trailed off not believing you were about to suggest the idea. "If you want I can take care of him for you."

"Really?" His face lit up with hope.

"Sure" you smiled assuring him that your offer was very real. "I would be happy to lend a helping hand."