Chapter 3- Hectic Night Shift. (Edited)

Zaira's POV

Cheeks red with anger, eyes wide with rage.

"I swear I will rip your guts from your throat and I will not look twice", I said to whoever was behind me.

I turned around and all those feelings were replaced with nervousness as I saw, Amar staring at me in his cyanic shirt and black jeans with a shocked expression on his face and his hands up in surrender, not being able to register Amar standing in front of me and what I had just said, I spontaneously froze.

Oh, shoot, what should I do now? He will think I am a psychotic assassin and I am his sister's best friend. He's never going to let me see her again, is he?

I immediately looked down and wondered what should I do?

"That sounded so psychotic sorry, I should probably be getting back to the living room", I said as I began making my way back towards the living room.

However, that didn't go as planned because I heard a small, deep, husky laugh from behind as my eyes widened ad I turned around, glaring at him.

"What are you laughing about? If I remember correctly you are the one that screamed in my ear", I asked him as I looked at him with disbelief.

Seriously, I can't believe this kid.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were Maryam and I really wanted to scare her. I didn't know it was you and if I did I would have never scared you", he answered as I nodded my head at him.

"Yeah like I believe that", I scoffed as I walked past him and back into the living room, to continue watching the movie we were watching.

"It's true", he replied as he took long strides to keep up with me as I began walking even quicker hoping the Earth would open up and swallow me.

"Okay fine, I believe you", I said as he gave me a small smile and we both entered the living room together, getting a weird look from Aaliya, to which I just shook my head.

I made my way towards the sofa and sat in between Aaliya and Ameena. I checked the time on my phone and it read 5:00, meaning two hours left till we had to leave for the night shift.

I wondered what it was like working at night, I mean mom and dad will want me to be safe and work in the day from 7 am till 7 pm but then I wouldn't get to spend any time with my family and friends, so I may stick with going 7 pm till 7 am.

That is the actual time we were meant t be working and we will after these two weeks, but for now, it is 7 pm to 9 am instead of 5 pm till 9 am like they had planned on torturing us new doctors with.

"Ameena, how's it like working at night shift?" I asked her as she turned her head to look at me before giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Well, it can be hectic sometimes especially on the weekends due to the pubs being opened, however, you are safe as you are a specialist Paediatrician, so you will be working with kids from newborns up until teenage years, so I doubt you will have to go through what I go through", Ameena replies ad I sighed.

"That's great lol, but I feel sorry for you. But I heard that we choose to shadow someone of a higher rank and stay with them for the first week and then be by ourselves the last week", I said as she shook her head and smiled.

"I love my job and yeah, I do get the really nice cases but I also get those horrible ones once a while. Yeah, you guys get to choose who to shadow today. They get all the best doctors in every field to stand in a line and then ask you one by one, alphabetically to choose who you want to shadow, however since nobody does that anymore they just pick you from whatever order you are standing in", Ameena answered as I smiled at her.