Rant Time.

Purple fam, it's been on my heart to write this down.My flushtration with the purple rain issue is that there seems to be this effect of the companies or estate to keep Prince in the purple rain box. I think there's this image that when we miss Prince, it's the guy in the purple coat and ruffle shirt and heels singing purple rain. When in truth it's the true musician and person that we miss. Purple Rain movie was what Prince called it " Semi Biography ". It was his introduction to the people. It was in no way meant to be the only thing he was known for. Prince true feelings about this was revealed in his interview with Travis smiley . He said he had people at Purple Rain tour that he knew he wouldn't see again. Prince saw pass the screaming and knew that there was people that would only see him as this purple rain guy, so what does he do?, quickly make the next album completely unlike purple rain. This was to combat this issue, to get his true supporters to follow him, he wanted his true base family, which he cared so much about he wouldn't even call us fans. One thing I find interesting is that many true people into prince have a true love for under the Cherry moon, made a soft spot that they don't even have for purple rain. Why?, I truly believe it's because Christopher Tracy shows signs much more close to the real Prince then the kid ever could, although I believe Prince use to be that person ( Some traits , not all) in his early days before he was ever known. Take a look at Christopher , he is funny, flawed, and in need of love. Now look at Prince, funny, to those who really got to know him. Flawed, which we all are as humans and in need of love , well just look at the way the man wrote and sing music . So, before you put prince into a pretty purple box just remember the man was so much more. Talented, funny, humanitarian, and teacher. I cried for Christopher Tracey not because of Christopher Tracy just a character in a movie , but because Prince was Christopher Tracey.

 I cried for Christopher Tracey  not because  of Christopher Tracy just a character in a movie , but because Prince was Christopher Tracey