c h a p t e r • 11

Start from the beginning

I then realised my phone wasn't with me.

Panic overwhelmed me and I started searching everywhere.

I checked in the toilet but it wasn't there.

So, I checked in the car.

It wasn't there.

Where is it?!

A hand grabs my wrist out of nowhere and pulls me behind a tree.

"Looking for this?" The Giraffe himself was holding my phone.

"You had it the whole time!?" I exclaim.

"I saw it at the beach where you girls' stuff were at." He says blankly.

How did I not think of checking there?!

"Now put this on." He says throwing his sweatshirt to me.

"What if I don't want to?" I ask challengingly.

Why am I even doing this?

"You will." He says narrowing his eyes at me and leaning in closer.

"Why should I?" I cross my hands.

"Did you even see the way those bastards were looking at you?! They were eyeing you like a prey!" He says and my eyes widen.

"So?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You're mine. And only mine. I don't want those stupid bastards looking and something that belongs to me." He growls and clenches his jaw.

That escalated quickly.

"Excuse you?" I ask totally unaware of what's going on. "Since when was I yours. We have only known each other for a week. And by 'known each other', I mean glaring, staring, quarrelling and having awkward moments. So, no, technically no one can own me. Hell, I don't even own me. My body owns itself. Not you, not me, not those bastards you were talking about. Not even a contract can determine who owns me. Except for my parents. Because technically they do own me. But not you. Who cares if they see my butt or my boobs, it's not like they don't know I have those?!" I say.

"I care! It doesn't matter what you think. You are mine. No one else can have you but me." He says.

He got closer and I smelled something that could explain everything he said.

"Girayder. Stop. You're drunk and saying stupid stuff." I say trying to push him but he doesn't budge.

"Just put it on. Like I said, I don't want anyone eye fucking you." He growls.

Okay...

"And how would you know if anyone did that?" I say narrowing me eyes at him.

"Because I'm a guy and it's not that hard to do." He says maintaining eye contact with me.

"What do you mean?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm doing it right now." He smirks.

Okay, let me just say that his smirk is gorgeous.