25: Sectumsempra

The halls of Hogwarts were quiet as everyone was in the Great Hall for lunch despite a few lingering students...one of them including Harry.

The raven-haired boy found himself apart from the group more often than usual. He didn't feel quite himself, only a mere host for Voldemort's tormenting visions. Not only that, but he felt determined to sniff out any potential dark works in the school. 

He knew there was impending doom, he just hoped it wasn't inevitable.

Yet his best blonde companion shared little to no interest in this. Anna did her best to remain oblivious to everything bad in the world. She immersed herself in Caspar, in her family, in finding her dead father who she didn't believe was dead. And Harry didn't know why, as he was usually the mellow one. It felt as if they had switched roles, as if he were the crazy one.

So he walked and walked, hoping to come across Slytherins up to no good or a teacher breaking the rules.

And he did. 

The oh-so-familiar voice filled with ice and menace came from the restroom. "I know what you are...you can fool everyone else but not me."

It was returned with the suave one that everyone adored. "Malfoy, I'm just trying to take a piss."

"And I'm just trying to protect the only good family I have left, Mundy."

Harry pulled out his invisibility cloak, as he had been keeping it on him at all times lately - and cloaked himself before entering soundlessly, being closer to the scene.

Mundy had stepped away from the urinal, turning to face Malfoy, a smirk upon his structured face despite a glitter of worry in his bright blue eyes. "Malfoy...look, we both come from dark families, I get it, you think I'm a traitor like you-"

"I know you are!"

"You don't know a damn thing. Now, why would I get close to Anna if I were Voldemort's servant? Why would I date her?"

The pale boy rolled his eyes. "Do you think I'm dense?"

"A bit."

"So you could use her, of course. To trick her into trusting you-"

"I love her!"

Draco gave a scoff, crossing his arms, "If you loved her you would stay away to keep her safe...it's what I've had to do."

"Well," Caspar began, "you and I aren't the same. I'm no threat to her...now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna get some lunch-"

The Slytherin shoved him into the wall, forcefully grabbing his left arm. "I'm going to expose you for everything you are! I know you have the dark mark!"

But he wasn't quick or strong enough, as Caspar used his free arm to punch Draco in the jaw, then pulling out his wand, "STUPEFY!"

Draco was blasted back, giving a yell as he slammed against the opposite wall. He tried fighting back with a disarming spell, but Caspar kicked the wand away from him, towering over his sad figure. "Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong, Malfoy. If you'd just listen-"

"I love Anna, and I will do anything to protect her. I swear if you get her anywhere near the Dark Lord-"

"EXPULS-"

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" bellowed Harry, revealing himself as he pointed his wand at the Ravenclaw. 

All that could be heard was the wand clattering to the floor, falling from the limp hand of Caspar Mundy before he crashed the glistening tile, screaming as he was lacerated by an invisible force.