"Hey, watch where you–, Evelyn?" The person I bumped into called me by my name. I immediately recognized who they were.

"Kiamora?"

"In the flesh, what are you doing?" She smiled, giving me a bear hug. Kiamora was one of my friends I knew through my father. Well, her father is my half uncle so, it makes sense. We're cousins if you didn't get the memo. Every family member we've encountered says that we're twins. We don't see it at all, but that's just us. The only time people could tell us apart was the fact that Kiamora was two years older than me, so our heights don't match.

"I just got back from Mr. Johnson's store. He made me leave the store early for some reason. Anyways, how about you? Where's Trevor?"

"Trevor went somewhere. I don't really care where he goes, just as long as it isn't around me." She sassed. She seemed madder than usual, I can't seem to see why.

"Okay, well, bye. I'll see you on Sunday."

"Bye." We waved to each other while departing. Why is everyone acting so weird today? Is it because of the summer heat? Yeah, that's probably it.

🖤

"Evelyn, please come out of there."

"No!" I shouted to my younger sister, Veronica. It has been days since Donald found out about me no longer being pregnant. Thankfully, he didn't ask about what happened in order for that to occur. But still, I felt immense guilt, and decided to not come out of my room until I wanted to.

"Let me talk to her. Viola, it's not the end of the world, you'll get over it, trust me." Aaliyah approached the door, wiggling the handle but I locked it beforehand.

"Just go away, I don't want to speak to any of you guys!" I yelled, getting far more upset than I already was.