(17): Strong Leverage

Start from the beginning

"Kathrine. He won't do anything with her. You're here for goodness sake" I scold her sternly, grabbing her chin so she can't look at the sight that's making her this angry.

"Okay then look for me" She grumbles crossing her arms "Tell me what they're doing now"

"He's just talking to her. He looks annoyed. See?"

She growls "Why is he even talking to her?"

"It doesn't matter. From the look on his face I can see that he doesn't want to but clearly she's not getting the message" I tell Kat as I observe the sight.

Nathan really does look annoyed. How cute. The old Nathan would be making out with her by now.

Kat breathes "Promise?"

"I swear. But don't look though. I know you're still going to lose your mind"

She rolls her eyes "Okay then let's go get food. It's the only thing that will distract me"

I wonder if they even serve food here, the only thing I ever see is alcohol and cigarettes. Regardless we walk to the little tuck shop with hope. Luckily they do, only fries though but we're not starving or anything so they'll suffice.

"Better?" I ask Kat as she chews happily.

She nods, showing me a toothy grin and I just laugh at her. She's such a child. "Hey, so are Winnie and Dee avoiding us or is it just me?"

It's true. They're here too but haven't made any moves to engage with us. I know they would with Kat if I wasn't with her. I'm the problem apparently.

"They definitely are. I don't know why Winnie is though" I mutter agitated "If she knew what I did she would be staying far away from Dee"

"Maybe you should tell her" Kat suggests softly "Dee is making no moves to and that's affecting your guyses relationship. I was with them yesterday and she's acting like everything is okay"

"It's not my place" I reply.

"Okay but for the record, if I was Winnie in this situation, I would really appreciate it if you told me. I know she's not your best friend or anything, but it's the right thing to do" Kat says "I would always rather hear anything bad from you"

When she says that I can't help but think of Mr Price and what I know about him, and then feel guilt that I haven't told her.

I just smile "Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'm still not telling her though"

And I'm not telling you either.

We then spot Nicholas enthusiastically, as always, making his way to us.

"Ladies" He greets when he gets there.

"Gentleman" Kat teases and we all laugh.

"Listen, Nathan is asking if you could please bail him out with that girl. Just like go there and mention that you're his girlfriend or something. Even slap her if you want to" Nick says pointing to the sight "He's been trying to let her down gently but the girl just won't take a hint"