The Old Bailey

That Monday Nikki is preparing for her court hearing. She is now getting herself changed into a grey suit, she steps into her light grey skirt which grips her small form closely. "Hmm that's a bit short for my liking, someone may think you're on the market" Jack smirks as Nikki turns around to see Jack leaning against the door frame watching her get changed. 

"This is a perfect length" She smirks as she adjusts her black tights. 
Jack walks across the bedroom and wraps his arms around her and rests his head on her shoulder. "Shall we go out for lunch after the hearing?" Jack smiles and kisses her cheek. 

Nikki smiles and rests back into Jack, "Anyone would think you're trying your hardest to get back into my good books" Nikki smirks as she moves away from him and ties her hair up into a bun before putting two gold earrings in her ears. 

"You weren't complaining last night, I was most definitely in your good books last night... what was that three rounds?" Jack teases. 

"Yes and I told you to be quiet... you could have woken the bloody neighbors" Nikki smirks as she slips into a pair of black Louboutin heels

"Says you... you weren't that quiet yourself" Jack smiles as he admires Nikki as she slips into a light grey blazer, he licks his lips and smirks. 

Nikki rolls her eyes and grabs her handbag and puts her phone and purse in there, Jack quickly changes into some smart clothing and heads downstairs to where Nikki is talking to the nanny about today and how long they will be away for. "Ready Nik?" Jack asks as he grabs the car keys and his jacket. 

She gathers her paperwork from off the kitchen counter and walks over to Poppy who is sat in the highchair, "Love you, Poppy, see you later" Nikki smiles and kisses her daughters head gently. 

Jack does the exact same thing before leaving Poppy and heading out to the car where Nikki is standing waiting for Jack. "Get in then" He smiles as he unlocks the car and gets into the driver's side, he closes the car door. "Whatever happens today, I will still love you" Jack smiles as he leans over and kisses Nikki's cheek.

"Jack, you sound like I'm going to be sentenced to life... I'm literally going to give evidence on behalf of the coroner" Nikki speaks rolling her eyes at the same time.
He just smiles and starts the car and pulls off the driveway before they make their way to The Old Bailey. 

They soon arrive at the court and they pull up on the carpark nearby, Nikki gets her bag and files out of the car and joins Jack around the other side of the car. He locks the car and then they both head towards the court. They both quickly enter the court when they notice the paparazzi arriving. "Close one" Jack smiles as they enter the court and are directed in the direction of the courtroom the trial is taking place in. 

"Dr. Alexander so glad you could make it, Helen Lloyd, I am part of the investigation I am giving evidence on the deceased" She speaks and holds her hand out to shake Nikki's hand.

Nikki shakes Helen's hand and smiles, "I'm just here to give my findings on the body... this is my co-worker Jack Hodgson" Nikki smiles introducing her partner. 

"Ahh, Jack Hodgson... so you two are the ones from the Lyell team that are together and have a child... right?" She smiles and Nikki and Jack look at each other and roll they eyes almost in sync. 

Before Nikki can say anymore Helen is called into the room to give evidence leaving Nikki and Jack waiting outside, "How the bloody hell does she know?" Jack questions. 
Nikki shrugs her shoulders and sits herself down and looks through her notes before she is called into the courtroom.
Five Minutes later she is called in to give evidence, Jack also enters the room and goes and sits in the viewing gallery as he isn't part of this investigation.