Chapter One

Chapter One:

Zeke

"Krisha?"

Her head snapped up and met Jasmine's bothered look. "Is there something wrong?" she asked.

She shook her head. "No. Nothing." she answered, giving her a small smile as her gaze landed on the same guy she had been staring at a while ago.

"You're looking at Zeke again." Jam hummed as she took a bite of Krisha's burger.

In another case, she could've scolded Jam for eating her precious burger. But instead, with a sulken look, she sighed and blushed a little.

Could they blame her? Ever since Zeke, the guy, moved in to their town and apparently their school (which is a month ago) she had never, not even once, heard him spoke.

It wasn't all like that. Sometimes, she would see Zeke looking at somewhere with a far-away expression. As if he was waiting for someone. Or something.

"I know he is mysterious and shit. But doesn't that make him creepy?" Kurtny chided in, her chinky eyes narrowing a little.

"No." she retorted. "I wonder what his voice's like." she added with a dreamy sigh.

"Ewww." the three girls chorused and she fought the urge to scowl at them. If she hadn't knew better, they were obviously fantasizing about Zeke too. Not that she can blame them, anyway. Zeke got a killer looks, one that every girls could die for.

Unfortunately, one of those girls is her.

"I don't know. There's just something off about him." She said truthfully as she watched Zeke leaning on the lunchroom's chair, his eyes still looking in a distance.

What was he thinking? She badly wants to know.

"Yeah right. Like living in that creepy old house just across the street. Super creepy." Jam seconded and Jasmine laughed at her childish remark.

"It wasn't really spooky Jam. It's just...." she trailed off, withdrawing his gaze from Zeke and to her friends.

"Just what?"

She heaved out another sigh and glanced back at Zeke, only to find him looking at her.

Her heart thudded loudly against her chest. What's with those dark blue eyes of him that always brought her captived? It was as if she was watching at the midnight sky, only that his eyes were more sinister than that.

"Abandoned. Alone." she answered, still locking her gaze with the guy Zeke who didn't even flinched.

Abruptly, Zeke stood up and clutched his bag, and without hesitation, walked away from the lunchroom.

Walked away from everyone's heated gaze. Especially Krisha's.

"Wow. I always thought I was the only poetic in class." Jam kidded.

She ignored Jam's remark. Her mind was still racing and clouded by thoughts.

From their very first day, he had sensed Zeke's loneliness. Can sense his sadness and lack of trust with others. She doesn't know why, but his sadness was like a powerful perfume to her. A sweet aroma that seems to lure her in. Only that she knew, there was something more about his sadness.

She thought back at how, for the briefest moment, their eyes met. It was some sort of physics stuff. She felt a certain pull. Was it gravity? Heck, she doesn't know.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and when she looked up, it was Jasmine giving her a sympathetic look.

She smiled in return and averted her gaze back to the window, the one Zeka had been staring at.

Only that for her, it was nothing but a piece of glass.

***