8

Jason's grip on the sterling wheel tightened as his brothers' piercing words came to mind. His foot continuously pressed on the accelerated immediately increasing the speed of the car. He breathed out as the cold air hit his face. He was furious and just needed to go to a place where he could escape all these emotions and feelings coming in.

"That sounds crazy."

"So, it is about the money?"

"How much are you paying her?"

"Fifty thousand dollars! I am giving her according to what a surrogate makes. I wanted to be fair, I didn't want to underpay her or over do it."

"Is there even a sister?'

"How do you know she will give you the baby anyway? She can choose to keep town with your money and sue you for child support from there."

"Why would she need money to carry her own child!?"

"I know Laurel and she wouldn't do that."

"Why didn't you just go to an actual agency and get a proper surrogate and do this right?"

"Because she was already pregnant, okay! And I want her to be the mother of my future child. She's.....perfect."

"Do you like this girl?"

"No -"

"Is that why your defending her?"

"No, it's just I got some time to get to know her better and if you do you'll realize you guys are just being paranoid."

"We are just looking out for you?"

"Why the hell do you even want a baby? Since when?"

"Oh my God? Are you dying?"

"I'm not a child! I am perfectly capable to make my own decisions and most importantly I don't need you to tell me what's right or wrong."

" Your right. We'll let you do whatever you want and won't bother with this again but on one condition."

"What's that?"

"We meet her."

Of course they wouldn't understand. Of course they have to double check everything he does even Kevin who is younger than him. Jason thought to himself as he drove on. This is why he didn't tell them earlier because he knew exactly the is how they would react. What really hurt him is they way they are all painting a bad image of Laurel yet they don't know her. He didn't care if they judged him but her, it stings.

Usually when Jason gets like this, when he feels he needs to just shut out everyone he finds himself driving to the nearest nightclub but today he took a different turn.

Once he parked in a familiar parking lot, he pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello," He heard her soft voice say after a few rings.

"Did I wake you?" he asked since she sounded down.

"No, no I was just getting ready to go to bed. Is everything okay?" Laurel asked him.

"Yes, I mean kind of. But would you ask that?"

"You were acting weird when you left and and you are sounding weird." She answered.

"I'm fine, I just called you to say I'm sorry." he breathed into the phone.

"For what?" she asked.

"Earlier, those guys that came to your place. They are my brothers." He revealed to her.

"What?"