Farewell

He loves me,

he loves him.

He forgets me,

he forgets him not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The operation has a high success rate, fixed at a solid 99%, yet many still choose to die.

Midoriya had seen it, their final moment in full glory, a stem piercing up from the lungs up to the mouth. And right at the top, like a star on a Christmas tree, the flowers laid bright and vivid.

It was as if the disease itself knew that the most important part wasn't killing the person physically, but stripping the person of all memories of their loved one.

It wasn't the process that scared everyone, it was the end result.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking out of the bullet train, Midoriya watched the scenery, not like there was anything to watch, they moved at a pace till everything merely seemed like blotches of colors.

Ending everything on a bad note was a dumb choice, but nevertheless a choice Midoriya still made. Was he regretting it? Maybe. But sometimes if you choose to regret, you'll never be able to move on. He had learned it the hard way.

The paperwork was relatively easy, but undergoing the operation meant that he had to move to a hospital west of the country, Ibaraki Prefecture, to be exact. It's not that Tokyo didn't have the treatment, but Ibaraki had the highest chances of emotional recovery. Because they had something Tokyo couldn't exactly give.

"You'll have to take a break from UA for awhile."

Aizawa's words rang in his head. How long was awhile? When can he come back? Will things ever be okay again? He doesn't know, only time will tell.

He felt someone lean on his shoulder, turning, he saw Inko, dozing off beside him. He saw the dark eye bags lacing her eyes, along with the tint of red, and a slight swelling.

Inko knew that the outcome was inevitable, but she was still really worried. He remembered her clinging desperately onto his shirt, pulling him into a hug that she knew she would have to break. Midoriya knew she cursed the day his quirk randomly 'spawned', even if she didn't show it. He knew that he was the reason behind those puffed up cheeks and tear stained eyes.

He was glad that she was able to get some sleep now, albeit his situation. He wouldn't know how to go on if her health deteriorated because of him.

Fumbling through his bag, he pulled out a bright red card, with sparkles and glitter messily spread everywhere. It felt like a kindergartener's work. Thumbing the letters, he read the large title at the start.

'Come back soon!'

Opening the card gently, his eyes glimmered as he took in the messy scrawling that belonged to his classmates, in all shapes and sizes, messy and neat, he didn't need their names at the bottom to recognize who the handwriting belonged to.

'Get well soon Deku! We'll miss you!!!'

'As the class rep I'll make sure the class morale stays high! Get well soon!'

'Even though my petal clearing sheet wasn't as useful, I hope this card is! Get well soon!'

'Tell us all about the pretty girls you meet there when you come back!'

He found himself huffing at some, smiling at others, even slightly shedding a tear at some.

When he was done, he closed the card and smiled wistfully.

Somehow, the scenery outside got even more blurry.

"Now reaching Ibaraki, Ibaraki station."

He didn't see Bakugou's handwriting in it.

'Midoriya, we know this has been a difficult time for you, don't worry too much about us and focus on your operation.
You did well.

UA ACADEMY CLASS 1A'

Edit: Hello!! I saw some comments and re read my sloppy work, so my dumb self is here to say, Midoriya has not undergone the operation yet!! Sorry for the confusing choice of words. I have edited it in hopes it sounds clearer.

Thank you for sticking with this book!!