Chapter One: New faces

-----------------------------------
'The simple truth of things is that bad dreams are far better than bad awakenings.'
-----------------------------------

Quietly, I stare out of the vehicle's glass window, my head being propped up by my tired hand. A bored expression rests on my face but because of my pale complexion; it seems more like a resting bitch face to others.

The car finally came to a stop, allowing me to let out a sigh of relief. Brushing away a few strands of my dark hair, I climb out and immediately go to the back of the car. I open up the boot and heave out the two suitcases. As I do, a huff escapes through my lips as a sign of more relief. The dark grey and black on the material complimented each other nicely in my opinion. Giving off a gothic like vibe. Which, back in high school, everyone knew me as having that sort of vibe.

My strands of wine red hair accompanied by a hidden strand of purple didn't really help either, nor the face that my skin is so pale. Nevertheless I closed the boot and thanked my older brother. He nodded in response, turning his electric music up and sped off, leaving a small trail of air behind him.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks for offering." I roll my eyes, annoyance lacing my voice. I look around at the tall buildings around me, the trees and windows were illuminated by the blazing sun. A sea mixed of smiling and scowling faces seemed to have been able to engulf me in the few minutes that had passed.

A small smile spread across my face, excitement slowly filling up my chest; giving me the energy to run to my tower with a suitcase in each hand and a bag strapped to my side.

The tower was a sleek black style with different shades of grey encasing it. It was extremely big and tall, as I run inside people were rushing around or saying goodbye to loved ones. I shrugged and continued my way to the elevator, pushed the button and waited patiently. A teal haired girl was already in there with a dirty blonde male next to her. Their arms were linked and a warm smile was spread across both of their faces. I was a little confused at first until they excused themselves and walks pass me. After that, I hopped into the confined space and checked the piece of paper in my pocket where I wrote down my dorm number and the floor it was on. I pressed the button onto my floor and felt the small room move upwards for a few minutes of peaceful silence. As it came to a halt, I began to grow more and more nervous. Asking myself relevant questions and worrying about things that many would worry about in this situation. One of my greatest flaws is that I overthink and I constantly despise myself for it.

The doors in front of me slowly opened, revealing other students that were waiting for their own ride. A tightness grew in my chest, replacing the excitement that was already fading which caused my head to fall as I moved out of the way for them. I looked down at the slip of paper again, glancing at the doors to the left and right of me. I was so wrapped up in my panicking thoughts that I almost completely missed my dorm room. A whole new kind of panic washed over me, making my whole body freeze. That was until I heard the door begin to open.

I had hoped that this was definitely the right room and that the people inside don't think I'm some sort of creep for nervously standing out here. My eyes grew wide at the sight of a stunningly beautiful young woman with vibrant hot pink hair that you couldn't miss, chocolate brown eyes that you could get lost in and sun kissed skin. She was gorgeous. A bell like laugh erupted from her as her back faced me. As she turned around her smile faded into confusion when she saw me, an eyebrow raised to emphasise the confusion.

"Um, Hello. I'm Scarlett, is this dorm 125?" I ask timidly, keeping my eyes on her since I couldn't see the person behind her right now.

The girl simply smiled again, nodding as she responded. "Yup! But, unfortunately, I'm not your roommate. You like a girl that would be fun to drink with." She gave me a small wink and turned back to the person behind her, muttering something into his ear and hugged him briefly. The colour of dark purple poked out from behind her and it made my heart stop.

"No way.." I thought to myself. "It can't be him.. But, he would have to have red in there somewhere. Wouldn't he?"

They parted and she waved at me before taking a right in the direction of the elevator. My eyes followed her, nervous to look at the man in front of me. However, I felt his eyes suddenly shift to me which caused to goose bumps to spread across my skin immediately. I felt as if I had no choice anymore, slowly, I turned my focus to him. Taking in the obvious details of him. Purple, slightly curly, hair that is shaved at the side which left a lot of untamed strands at the top; his forest green eyes pierced my brown ones while they shone like emeralds in the sunlight through the windows. Trying to keep my eyes on his seemed more difficult the more I looked, I didn't want it to seem like I was judging the way he dressed or checking him out.

I hadn't even noticed I was staring until a light, yet deep, chuckle broke me from my thoughts. I shook my head and looked into his eyes once more, this time paying attention. "Sorry.." I muttered, just loud enough for him to hear.

He chuckled again, shaking his head a little. "Don't be. It's nice that someone stares at my eyes for once. Vienna always makes fun of the people that stare when we work out together." I guessed that that was the beautiful woman's name, it suits her honestly. I nodded, letting him know that I was definitely paying attention. "My name is Adrien by the way. It's nice to meet you, Scarlett."

I nodded again, smiling softly at this man in front of me. "Nice to meet you too, Adrien. Well- Uh- May I come in?" My awkwardness was sticking out like a sore thumb. I hated the way I reacted around new people, it was torture in my eyes. That's why I planned to stay in my room and only leave for class. A look of realisation spread across his face, causing his cheeks to flush slightly. He muttered a 'yes' and shifted out of the way so I could come in.

Timidly as always, I pulled myself and the luggage inside the room for two. A single bed was pushed against two of the walls opposite each other, one with dark grey sheets and the other plain -I'm guessing the plain one is mine- they both had a dark wood to keep them held together. The dark grey bed sat on the right side of the fairly large room surrounded by posters of anime characters, bands, movies and clubs. A chest of draws sat on the furthest side of the room opposite the door with small figurines of many anime and movie characters that were obvious he was in those fandoms. I had recognised a fair amount of the characters and smiled to myself as I remembered watching the episodes and movies. A desk sat next to each of the beds, mine was bare with the same dark wood as the beds, while his held up a laptop with a lamp to its right and several books to its left, a cup of coffee sitting on top of the books almost proudly. The curtains were a light grey colour that was fitting for the outside of this building. The walls on each side were also a different colour. His side was almost black and mine was green, the shade that I adored funnily enough. Everything was all sorts of different from one another, however it all seemed to fit nicely. The floors were what stood out the most, just normal birch wood which I quickly made a mental note to cover up with a carpet of some sorts.

When I had finally finished admiring the room, I looked back at Adrien only to find him already looking at me. Something in his emerald eyes caught me off guard as he sat on his bed. However, I wasn't able to decipher what emotion it was. Yet it was quickly forgotten about as his words broke through my train of thought. "So, need any help?"