The 'nice' chat

Warning. Chase is going to get seriously pissed off in this chapter.

"Miss, please I understand that you may hate Germany for leaving you in that cave. But you must understand that if they hadn't, you would have been completely destroyed by another battleship." Patelo said trying to explain why she was abandoned.

"Sir please shut the fuck up." Chase said to him. "Hutten shut the fuck up and listen to me. If you hadn't been hidden I would be dead. You saved my life. Remember that okay?"
"I'm sorry Captain. I forgot." Hutten sobbed, scared by the way Chase spoke to her. "It it won't happen again."

"Calm down. I'm not angry at you." Chase said soothingly to Hutten. "I'm pissed off at you MISTER Patelo. Now hurry the fuck up and say your piece or get the FUCK OFF MY SHIP." He then yelled at Patelo.
"Hutten needs to be modernized." He replied coolly not fazed by the seriously pissed off battleship captain in front of him.
"You don't say?" Chase shot back sarcastically.

"We have some options for you two to choose from

"We have some options for you two to choose from." Was the smooth reply.
"Well I know that you want to put missiles on board and I'm going to jump in before you say it and give you my answer." Chase said quickly.
"And what is your answer?" Patelo inquired.
"NO." 

"Are you sure you want to refuse the navy?"
"Well I know for a fact that there isn't enough room for missile launchers to be installed in Huttens deck. Which means that her stern turrets will be removed to MAKE room, and I ain't about to let that happen." Chase stated.
"And what about the CIWS anti air defence guns?"

"Those can be Installed. But..."
"But?"
"The old manually operated AA guns must stay."
"You'll have to talk to the US Navy about that."
"Fine. Tell them to send a ship to escort us."

"Why?"
"Because it's fucking boring on our own. AND we need the AA cover just in case we're attacked by either missiles or aircraft." Chase said irritably.
"You do know that's very unlikely right?" Patelo replied confused once more.

"Yes. But it's still possible." Chase snapped. "Now get off my ship. I haven't slept for four fucking days and I'm ready to kill someone and if you stay any longer it will be you."
"Yes sir." Patelo said respectfully.
"Oh and contact me when the American ship is on its way." Chase said yawning.

"Yes sir." Patelo confirmed.

A few days later just outside Belfast harbour An Arleigh Burke class destroyer has arrived to escort Hutten to Norfolk Naval station.