Chapter 23

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I waited outside since Yuna is still sulking. Sejeong went inside while Yewon and Jimin went outside to eat. Suddenly, I saw Sejeong went out hurriedly.

"Sejeong-ah, wae?" I asked a bit of a panic.

Sejeong stopped from walking.

"Mummy asked me to go out and eat. I need to be hurry since I don't want to leave her alone," she answered and still stood there.

"Let's go together then," I offered and Sejeong nodded. We went hurriedly to the cafeteria.

YUNA'S POV

"Sejeong-ah," I called my daughter who was watching the TV in the room.

"Eo?" she answered and looked straight into my eyes.

"I don't see you eat anything yet since just now. Have you eaten?"

"Yup," she answered me and smiled.

"I mean, lunch."

I'm afraid if she meant she'd taken breakfast.

"Eo... not yet," she replied.

"Sejeong, go out and eat. We can't ask Yewon Imo to bring up here. Have some pity on her," I advised her.

We've troubled her a lot! Now, out of nowhere, she had to come from Busan just because my husband cared for her ex-girlfriend more than his wife.

"I'm not hungry," Sejeong made up excuses.

"Sejeong-ah, you're getting good at lying, huh?"

Sejeong held her head down.

"Come here," I called for my daughter and she came straight to me.

I was half sitting so I reached her neck and pulled her into my embrace. I patted her back and she cried. Now, I felt her tight arms around me.

"Sejeong-ah, mianhae for yelling at you that night. I didn't mean it,"  I started with Sejeong in the same position.

"Gwaenchanha, mummy. I'm okay," she responded to me.

"Then, why are you crying?"  I asked while caressing her back.

"Mianhae," Sejeong sought for forgiveness. I didn't understand so I untangled the hug and looked into her eyes. I held her hands to give her some strength to tell me what made her guilty.

"I should’ve stopped appa. If only I being keen on not letting appa go, the baby won't die. You don't have to suffer…”

“Sejeong-ah, it’s not your fault. It just… happened…”

“But, mummy. Try to think about it. If only appa was there, we might be able to save him. My brother might be survived. I hate him! I hate appa!” Sejeong was still crying. I didn't know how to coax her because she's stating her truth and maybe a fact. But I don't want her to hate Jungkook. Deep in my heart, I still love him. And I want a happy family with him.

"Sejeong-ah, listen to me. Whatever happened must be for a reason. I'm sad too and hurt by what appa did to me. But maybe, there's a silver lining behind the thick clouds. Let me tell you a story that I heard from someone." Sejeong brushed off her tears and ready to listen to my story.

“There was this woman who had an unwanted child from an unwanted incident. But they are legal husband and wife… Just that, something happened that made the woman pregnant. The mother was so mad and left the father. She ran far away from home. But then, because of that unwanted incident, she got a very beautiful and smart daughter. The daughter brought a light of happiness for her. At first, she thought she’ll be happy only by having that child. But then, again, the child made her realised that she still need and love her husband. And because of that child, they lived happily ever after.”

"But appa still at fault," she still blamed Jungkook.

"Sejeong-ah..." I pulled in Sejeong's head into my hug.

"I still love appa. Though he made mistakes, still I love him. And I love you. I don't want you to blame him for the rest of your life. It’s okay if you are mad. You are a human and you just lost a brother. But I don’t want you to do it eternally. Appa must have a reason for his doing. Anh geurae? (Am I, right?)"

“Sejeong-ah, you should try to make up with appa. Take your time but don’t hate him forever, okay?”

Sejeong sealed her lips.

“Sejeong-ah, nal sirheo? (Do you hate me?"

"Anya!!!" Sejeong denied it.

“Then, can I ask you to forgive appa?”  I asked and nervous waiting for her answer.

"Eo," she nodded and cried again.

I hugged her tightly and waited until she was done crying.

"Now, go and eat. I don't want you to get sick just because you skipped your meal. I think appa is outside. Invite him along," I consoled her.

Sejeong nodded and brushed off her tears.

I looked at Sejeong who was going out from the front door and I saw Jungkook got closer to her.

Yes, I'll try to forgive him. Maybe, some even wonder "why is this woman that stupid to just forgive him who had caused her son's death? That man even hurt her (unconsciously) though had been given second chance!"

The answer is- because of love.

Many people don't know the power of love. Yeah, it is true! Do not be that stupid just for a love. Do not make yourself blind because of love.

We are willingly get hurt for love, as long as we owned him. We can't bear the pain of seeing him hurt. And because of love, I'll learn to forgive him.

There is no perfect human in this world. But that doesn't mean we can make the same mistakes. Jungkook had tried to make me happy. It's just that, there are some off here and there. As a wife, I am the one who should cover it.

How?

Communication.

Talk about it before it's getting too late. If our spouse is lacking in some area, tell him! If he's still the same, like what Yewon once told me- Reminisce his kindliness towards us.

But, if you had given up, it's better for you to leave. Because that is the best for you. Assume that you and he are meant to be until this point.

"Hi, Yuna," Eunbi entered my room when I was too into the drama on TV.

"Hi," I answered for short. She closed the door. She... looked a bit different.

"Where's Jungkook?" she asked.

"Are you here to meet me or Kkuk?" I asked her back. She smiled widely in her heavy makeup. Eunbi didn't put on too much makeup before. Is she... trying to seduce my husband?

My question remained unanswered.

"You, wearing this thick makeup, are you trying to seduce my husband?" I asked without thinking much. My mode of protecting what's mine was on.

"Your husband?" she giggled.

"Whose husband? He's mine!" she claimed and seemed firm with it.

"What?" Seriously, I don't understand. Isn't her husband died?