Chapter 7

YUNA'S POV

"So, Jungkook saw her daughter?" Yewon asked quickly as soon as I finished told her what happened yesterday. I nodded slowly.

"But I told him that's not his. I also told my parents that I was raped when I was in US. Only you, Sejeong and Sojung eonni know who Sejeong's biological father is. So I really need you to not tell anybody about Jungkook and Sejeong, please? I'm afraid if that person told my parents ACCIDENTALLY," I pressed the word accidentally. I know Yewon can be trusted, but I don't trust other people. I need someone to hear my stroy but I got nobody accept Yewon.

Yewon nodded.

"Is it not dangerous for you to do this, Yuna?" she asked. I am afraid to lie too. Besides, a cat can't be kept tight in a bag for good.

"I am afraid too, Yewon-ah.. But going back and live with Jungkook? That's even scarier. What if he do something to Sejeong when he's mad? And I'm afraid if the history repeat itself. Besides, he doesn't love me. I will remember his words that night until forever."

Yewon patted my back.

"You told me that Sejeong knows Jungkook as her appa. How?" Yewon asked. I knew this question will be slipped out from this cute girl.

"After Jungkook left, Sejeong seems stress and she asked me if she's really a raper's child. I can't lie to my daughter, you know that, right? So, I told her the truth. She's a smart daughter, I know she can understand the situation. I also told her the real reason of why I did that, ok?"

Yewon kept nodding.

"Oh, talking about Sejeong, at what time she'll finish her school?" Yewon asked. I glanced at my watch on my wrist.

"It's almost the time. Let's go, I'll fetch her." Yewon nodded and followed me.

Yewon and I drove our own car to Sejeong's school since Yewon will go straight to her office after this.

***

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Boss, you'll have a meeting in 5 minutes," my best secretary reminded me, Hwang Eunbi. My memories on Yuna and her daughter had been shattered. I nodded and  acted as if i'm writing something on my computer.

"Err.. boss! Do you have a problem?" Eunbi, who was still waiting at my room's door asked. I was contemplated if I should tell her or not.

Eunbi had been beside me ever since a year she worked in this company. Since I only made work and club as a 'catalyst' for me to forget Yuna after she left me, Eunbi thought I am single. Never been a case a lower level employee reviews their employer's profile. So, usually I only tell her my daily routine. And most of them is only about work.

"Erm.. I know you have a problem. But this is an important meeting, boss, regarding extension year of recruiting trainees from China. We'll talk after this meeting, ok?” Eunbi offered herself. Like always, Eunbi would’ve want to hear to my story.

I nodded. Before Eunbi closed the door, I called her to say thank you. She nodded and smiled before closing the door.

Eunbi is younger than me but her way of thinking is more mature than me. If only I can call her nuna, I would’ve want to. But, yeah.. it is abnormal to call someone younger than us as if they are older than us.

I tidied up my desk and stood, walking straight to the meeting room. As soon as I entered the room, all of documents that need to be signed was on the desk. I walked to my seat. Mr. Lim gotten in before I even manage to seat properly.

The translator introduced me to Mr. Lim and vice versa. The agreement that had been translated to Chinese Language had been read to its detail. A few terms that might be quite not understandable or need to be verified his understand on that term so that there will be no misrepresentation had been asked to the translator that is paid hourly. Once the contract had been signed, I went to my room and continue other unsettled work.

“Boss, coffee,” Eunbi put a cup of milky coffee on my desk. I like 3 in 1 coffee but Eunbi, the best secretary forbade me from drinking those. She offered herself to make this milky coffee to me. Since she’s the one who wants to do those, I said nothing to her. Besides, she never ask for salary increment just because she make me coffee everyday.

“Thanks, Eunbi,” I greeted.

Without being invited, Eunbi took the seat in front of me. My eyes which was focused on the computer screen was now changed to her.

“Haa! You seems too messed up just now. What’s wrong? Tell me, tell me,” EUnbi invited me to open up the curtain. Seems now is in the middle of year, I don’t have much work to do, so I believe this efficient Eunbi had finished up her work. That’s why she came here to hear my story though it was still an office hour.

I sipped on the hot coffee. Like usual, Eunbi’s coffee is so tasty!

“My wife is back, bringing a daughter,” I opened the table.

“Wife? Since when were you marry?” Eunbi seems shocked with the ‘news’. Her body that was leaned on the chair is now jolted out.

“Almost nine years since I gotten married. There was a bit problem, so we fought and my wife went somewhere,” I explained before this story getting further. Eunbi nodded while looking at the floor on my left.

“Okay, so, now your wife is back and?” she asked.

“My wife is still mad at me and refused to go home. She didn’t even bring her daughter to meet me,” I told her in sad tone. I can’t tell her that Sejeong is not my daughter. I don’t care if Yuna didn’t bring Sejeong to meet me. But what make me upset is how Sejeong was brought into this world.

“Woow! What did you do that your wife gotten so mad?” she asked while glancing at me.

I chose not to answer. No way I told her that I raped my own wife just because she told my lover that we are husband and wife? That is crazy!

“She found out I have another woman,” I just told her the surface of our problem.

“No wonder!” Eunbi slapped on the table. I was shocked. Were women this sensitive when their man have another woman?

“Oh my gosh, boss! You did an unforgiven sin by a woman!” she continued her words. I made a sad expression. Yeah, it’s my fault, anyway.

“But, boss! Don’t worry! Hwanggeum Eunbi has the solution,” she smiled proudly.

“First of all, don’t call or meet your wife! Let her cool down first. Her heart is burning up,” Eunbi gave me the first tip.

“Secondly! Don’t get closer to your daughter, I’m afraid if your wife feels like you are snatching her away from her. A big no no since I’m sure you want to take care of your daughter WITH your wife, not by turn, right?” second tips from Eunbi seems logic. But, to be honest, I don’t want to take care of Eunbi. She’s not my daughter.

“The third one! Wait! Have you ever been meet your parents-in-law?” Eunbi asked. Her three fingers that had been raised, signing she already give three tips were taken down. She glared at me, giving her savage-wondering face to me.

“Yeah, I met them,” I answered.

“Haa! In that case, from now on, don’t meet them!”  she forbade me.

“Why?” I asked, unsatisfied with this tip.

“So that your parents-in-law sensed that something is not right happening. They might ask you, Haa!!! That time, tell them that you are still not in a good term with your wife. At that time, ask for their help to coax your wife. Who knows? She might forgive you? And when she came back to you, don’t waste the chance! You are wasting my idea to help you, though I am still single!”

I was determined! If Yuna forgive me, I will not waste the second chance given to me. I will do anything to make her happy, though I have to accept her daughter.