Teachers Orders - Part 2

Over the course of the next month, I became quite friendly with the tall, dark haired boy. However, the same can't be said for the taller, blonde haired boy.

I sighed and began packing up my pencils and rubber, putting them in my brown bag.

I lent back in my seat and watched a small spider, crawling up the wall. As always, I got distracted and stared into space.

I was shook when someone put a hand on the top of my head. Startled, I quickly looked up and saw it was Jae, staring down at me through his blonde bangs.

"Ah.. hi.." I awkwardly smiled up at him, still sitting in my seat.

He didn't say anything - although I didn't expect him to. He retracted his skinny hand from my head and put it back into his pocket.

He stays still, looking down at me from a few minutes. Then, as if he had remembered something, whipped his head up to look straight either the clock or damp spot in the ceiling. Either one, not too sure.

I watched as he retreated back to his desk, got his bag and came back over to me. He lifted my bag too, and I assume waited for me.

"Ah.. it's ok.. I can carry it.." I go to reach for my bag, but he raises it out of my reach.

I pout and get out of the wooden chair, and follow him to the door, and out into the outside world.

There were only one or two stragglers, besides us. A teacher was standing by the gate, ready to lock up when we were finally out.

Only was it till we were approaching a nearby shop did I remember about Daniel.

"Ah! Jae, when did Daniel leave? I don't think he left with us.. and I don't think we left him behind.." I interrupted the silence that was following us. I looked up at the boy, seeing him looking in my general direction,

Our walking paces had slowed down and we were just staring at each other. On the walk, I had drifted closer towards him, without realising.

I felt my ears go red, with the burning feeling that accompanied it. I was sure my cheeks were also effected, and i was sure I saw a little bit of pink on Jaes ears, much like mine. My stomach was filled with butterflies and I could swear, you could hear my heart beating like it was a steam train.

We stood there, for what felt like hours but probably only a few minutes at most.

Jae slowly started to move even closer to me.. My heart was going a dinger and I could feel my hands shake from nervousness, or perhaps excitement?

"Hey guys!" Daniels loud, excited voice made us jump, and whip around to stare wide eyed at the other boy.

He was with Zoe, who was hugging his arm, nothing new. But, he didn't see at all bothered, like he seemed at school..

"What are you two doing?" Daniel beamed over at us.

"W-well.. We were just walking home.." I stutter, still a bit jumpy.

"Danny~ Come on, I wanna go~" Zoe pouted up at him and pressed herself even closer, if it were possible.

"Hm? Ah, of course, of course.." Daniel smiles softly down at her, and turned back to us, "I'll see you two in school tomorrow."

Me and Jae stood at the corner of the street and watched as he and Zoe walked away, waving slightly.

"...um.. Shall we get going?" My ears turned red again, my mind drifting back to earlier.

The rest of the walk to my house was quiet, and we were walking on either side of the small footpath.

I stood outside my house, holding my bag again, and turned around to look at him after opening the door.

"Thank you for.. tutoring me.." I bit my lip and jumped up, to kiss his cheek before dashing away into my house.

I stood at the door, my heart beating oh of my chest. My mind start to worry that I'd messed up, swirling with thoughts.

I decided to look through the small windows at either side of the door, peaked my head out from behind the curtains and saw him still standing there, hand on cheek and staring into space. His cheeks were flushed red and a soft smile adorning his face.

I giggled slightly, taking it as a good sign, and ran up to the stairs to my room.

That night, I looked over my notes from the days studying.