7. I'm Different {Kate}

I know I was different to everyone here. I could see it. And there was no doubts that they also could see it.

It was beyond noticeable. I clothed different to all of them, When they were all wearing short black dresses with heels. I was wearing beige dress with stockings and ballerina flats. They wore little shorts, I wear dress pants. They wore baggie sweat shirts, I wear cardigans.

Even the food they eat and the way they walk is different. They eat junk food, and do not have a proper posture, I eat vegetables and have a straight back. They converse in slang. I speak in proper English.

I do not understand why Mother and Father sent me to this peculiar place.

I was quit surprised when I arrived. It is not like we do not have the money to send me to a summer boarding school. But they sent me here.

The first night after arriving in my cabin I cried myself to sleep. Everything was odd to me. I felt as if my parents were punishing me. but I didn’t understand why? What had I done for them to send me to this strange place.

I woke up early the following morning, pulling off my sleeping mask and looked over at everyone. They were all still asleep. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep. I kicked the blankets off and tip toed in my white fluffy slippers over to my dresser pulling out Lorna Jane Sports Bra, Jacket and ¾ Tights. A pair of ankle socks and my Rebook running shoes. I walked into the shared small bathroom and changed out of my brown silk pyjamas into my work out clothing. I snuck to the front door trying not to wake anyone.

It was still dark outside, but I knew this would be the only time I would be able to go for a run. And if I returned home to Mother any bigger then I am, she would be disgusted and I would again be stuck in our home gym until I lost all of the weight. I’m already not the perfect weight for my dear Mother, I have cheeks, I don’t have the body to die for and to make matters worst I’m the joke of my school. The only thing I manage to impress my parents with are my grades and although I got an excellence in every class apart from History but I still got a high merit. I have managed to dissatisfy them in that. But according to my father that is not going to get me the best scholarship for the best university. My mother is already mad because I can’t be a model like her. I mean I’m not ugly but according to my mother I’m not pretty enough my boobs are to big I’m not stick thin like others. But I try to be that. hence why I am running at five o clock in the morning.

I ran and ran until I could barely breath and the sun had come up, then I turned around ran back to my dorm.

I walked into the building and the girls were all getting out of bed. “Oh Good morning.”

“what’s the time?” The punk rock looking girl asked still lying in bed.

“Um I believe it is 7 o clock.” She looked at who I remember to be Hannah then rolled her eyes climbing out of her bed in a loose grey shirt and red and black chequered pants.

“you went running at 7 o clock in the morning.”

“No 5 o clock.” 

“Seriously?”

“yes, I couldn’t sleep.”

“so you decided to go for a run?”

“yes.” I said confused. What is the big deal?

“You are one strange girl.” she said walking off towards the bathroom. while the other two just looked at me.

“Do you do that every morning?” Hannah finally broke the silence and asked.