The March of Death

** Sometime Later**

The sun's warm rays hit my face as I walk through the castle's marketplace. Today was an extra busy day. Most of the Trikru villages were left unguarded so Azgeda had lots of goods to sell and trade.

I met up with the queen's son Ryker and we went to the Castle to speak to the queen. "Trikru is busy going at war with children from the sky, word is spreading that the commander sent Tristan to take care of it. He was my best soldier, the commander before Leksa made him his general. It's a shame he serves her now. After what we did to the last commander he served you'd think he'd remember his roots." The queen ranted. "Anyways, I called you up here because the Ambassador has returned. He will be treated as you would treat me. He is soon to marry your sister, she'll make a fine bride. In the mean time, Aksil you are to go to Polis and bring me the Commander's whispers. I need more intel on her." The queen ordered. Back out on the field. I had some time to enjoy being back home, now duty calls.

I ride off to Polis, avoiding the camps where the army was stationed. I'd hate to be the cocky Trikru warriors that think they'll have Azripa's head. I stop to rest my horse and just as I thought. 5 men come from the trees. "Not so fast, Azgeda skum. You chose the wrong day to ride in these woods." They say as they pull out their blades. I do the same. 5 warriors were nothing. I easily took 2 down in the first minute. The last 3 give all they got and at first it was tough, but slowly they dropped. The last one gave the biggest fight. 15 minutes of just sword clashing. Then I turn and throw my sword at his chest. Right through the heart. He falls and I see his soul leave his eyes.

I drink some water and get back on my horse. I make it to Polis by nightfall. The market seemed less alive. Most people were at their homes preparing to march against the sky people if it called for it. I made it to the tower. A young warrior stopped me. "No weapons, you know the rule." She says. "I don't have to listen to some War Chief's second. I have business inside." I tell her. "What type of business, Azgeda?" An older guard says, he's clearly from Trikru. I ignore him and continue walking when they both stand in front of me. "Weapons, now!" The man says. I surrender all but my hidden knife. They lead me to the elevator shaft.

I make it to the top floor. I walk around until I see the door with guards. The Commander's room. I hear her walk out and wait for her to walk by then I slowly follow behind. She's young, I've seen her before but sitting on her throne made her appear older. I noticed she entered the meeting room and was talking to someone about the Trikru army attacking the sky people. She said she was planning on riding out there to assist her people. If the commander wasn't in Polis, then it was vulnerable to be attacked and so was the commander. Azgeda wouldn't risk claiming Polis, but killing the Commander wouldn't scare the queen. She's done it before. Lexa should be thanking her. If the queen didn't kill the previous commander, she wouldn't be a commander.

With the new information, I informed one of the Azgeda riders at Polis. I sent them off to deliver the message. There weren't many Azgeda left in Polis. Only about 50 or so. As I walk to the Azgeda quarters, I hear someone behind me say, "We have to stop bumping into each other like this." It was the girl.

"Yeah, well this time I actually have to be somewhere, so I'll see you around." I tell her.

"What, are you here to command your army of 50? Everyone knows most Azgeda warriors have left with the Ambassador already." She said.

"I don't have to tell you anything. Now excuse me." I said now starting to get angry. "Do you think Heda would like for the queen to have spies here in Polis?" She says, as I turn towards her.

"You're going to pretend this conversation never happened or you'll have the same fate as the rest of the people who crossed me." I say in a threatening tone. I walk off this time with no protests.

————————————————
(Arker POV)

War was already here. The grounders were coming any minute. It was time fight or die. Clarke was telling us that we need to leave while Bellamy wanted to stay and fight. He ended up succumbing to her decision and we march out.

I had the rear guard position so I guarded the back. I felt a bit safe, but if they attacked from behind I'd be one of the first to die.

As we are walking for a bit, it was time for position changes. I walk up to the front to change with Drew and I see something fly into his head. He drops dead.

"GROUNDERS!" Jasper yells.

We all run back to the camp. I go to my tent to get some extra supplies that I couldn't have carried but now that we're here I can use them. I heard people talking and they sounded worried. No one was fully ready to fight.

Bellamy commands us to get in position and we follow. We had just been sick not that long ago and now we are at war. I am ready, I stand next to Miller, my partner. We were good friends growing up so we'll definitely protect each other. The first round of bullets are fired. It's time.

————————————————
(Timber's POV)

This was it. After everything that happened we finally were at war. Anya allowed me to be by her side. But I was to be the one who delivered the report back to Polis. I heard a distant noise it sounded like explosions but there was no smoke clouds.

"Gunshots.." Anya said. She signals 'go' and we all march towards the camp.

This war wouldn't last long, these people didn't seem like the most skilled warriors and even their guns get hungry and they won't have enough food for them. Our blades feed on blood and they're feasting tonight.

The blast from the fire flashed before my eyes.