Epilepsy // Corbyn Pt. 5

Start from the beginning

"Okay", he replies.

Jonah stands and helps Corbyn do the same.

The two walk up the stairs, eventually reaching Corbyn's room.

Jonah opens the door and helps Corbyn to his bed.

"Thank you Jo", he says.

"No problem", Jonah says.

"During the night, if you feel one coming on, wake me up immediately, okay bud?" he adds.

"I will", Corbyn says.

He climbs lays down on his soft pillow as Jonah turns the lights off, and lays on his palette.

Jonah calls the office and says it's urgent, and the call ends within ten minutes.

He lays down his phone, and pulls the blanket further towards his head.

Soon, he was asleep on the floor, the same way he had been every night for a while.

2:39 am.

Corbyn wakes up, feeling dizzy and nauseous.

He can feel what's coming on.

He tries to tell Jonah, but before he can, he can't talk, or see, or think straight.

So he lets out a groan, a loud one at that.

That was the last thing he did before it wasn't his mind anymore.

As soon as Jonah heard the sound, he shoots up knowing that it was Corbyn.

He hears a rustling noise from the sheets, and a choking noise.

Jonah jumps up and looks at Corbyn.

And there he was, limbs seizing, eyes twitching, making heartbreaking choking sounds.

Jonah starts a stopwatch that is sitting on the nightstand.

He turns Corbyn to his side gently, making sure to clear his airway as best as possible.

"Corbyn, if you can hear me, just know I'm here. I'm right here, Corbs", he says.

"I'm right here", Jonah says again.

Corbyn continued to groan, and convulse sporadically.

But finally, after a whole minute of Jonah comforting him, and him seizing, Corbyn's body stops shaking.

His limbs now twitch, the sounds are gone, and his eyelids are shut.

Jonah breathes out a small sigh of relief, knowing that Corbyn was at peace now, even if this same thing would happen again soon.

"Corbyn? Corbyn?", Jonah says gently shaking him.

Corbyn's eyes suddenly flutter open, revealing them as blue and bloodshot.

"Hey, can you tell me your name?", Jonah says comfortingly.

"Corbyn", he quietly responds.

"Good. You're okay Corbs", Jonah says putting a hand on his shoulder.

Corbyn pulls Jonah's hand off, and falls into his arms.

"It's too hard Jo", Corbyn says through tears.

"But it'll get better eventually. They're gonna find a medication that works for you. I know it", Jonah reassures him.

"And I'm sorry", Corbyn says clinging onto Jonah's hoodie.

"For what bud?", Jonah asks confused.

"I tried to say your name, or to reach over and tap you, but if happened to fast. What if you hadn't woken up. I could've had a seizure for five minutes, or choked", Corbyn says.

"But you didn't. And it's not your fault whatsoever, so what ever you do, do not blame yourself", Jonah assures him.

"Try to go back to sleep", he adds scooting back to the floor.

"Do you mind just um, sleeping up here Jo. It's cool if-", Jonah sits on the edge of the bed and lays down.

"I get it, Corbs. And I don't mind", Jonah says before closing his eyes.

Soon enough, both the boys were asleep, as if everything was normal.

Just how they wanted it to be.