Chapter Seven.

Looking in the mirror one last time to correct her hair and her makeup and letting out a deep sigh before climbing out of the car, walking down ally and into the loading dock of a seemingly empty warehouse, piper knew this was it.

She stopped directly outside the door and thought back to the only thing making her do this.. Alex.
She knew that Kubra would stick to his word and end Alex without thinking twice, that wasn't worth the risk to piper.

Raising her hand up to the metal door and knocking on it before taking a step back so the door could open, she could hear muffled voices but couldn't make out actual words or sentences.
The door flew open and piper was grabbed forcefully by the arm and dragged in, the grip was definitely going to bruise her small dainty wrists; it was dark, cold and smelt of damp in the warehouse the only light was from the skylight in the centre of the room, there was nothing on the walls, nothing at all in the building apart from two chairs and a few shady characters standing by them.

Piper was pulled by her arm across the warehouse floor and pushed into the spare chair, right opposite Kubra.
Piper started to panic again, her heart beat fast and she tried to think of what to say to the man that held her future with Alex in the palm of his hands, she hasn't made eye contact with anyone since she got there, only staring at the man opposites designer leather shoes.
The smell of his aftershave hit her immediately, it was distinct and hadn't smelt it anywhere else but on Kubra.

"Don't panic, I'm not going to hurt you... or Alex, if you do what you are told.
We go back a long way piper, you know why you are here, Alex has a debt that needs to be payed, your the only person she has so unfortunately for you- it's now your problem." Kubra leans forward taking the cigar out of his mouth, staring blankly at piper waiting for a response.

"You don't have to agree, but you know what the deal is. You pay the debt, me and Alex are even... you don't pay off the debt, Alex is in trouble". He adds, before lifting Pipers chin up with his index and middle finger so she was looking at him, he raised his eyebrows to prompt her into talking.

"What do I have to do?" Piper hastily responds, trying not to look Kubra in the eyes as she will loose the tiny piece of composure she has left.

"My guys will bring somethings to your house in bags, and all you have to do is just keep it safe until another guy comes to pick it up for and takes them from you, occasionally holding some money in the process.. nothing too hard, it's just since the trial the cops have been quiet hot on my movements unfortunately, which is a shame but such as life". He explained in a smooth, calm voice knowing piper will agree, he doesn't need to push or prompt her anymore. Alex was enough.

"How will I know Alex will be safe, I need certainty." Piper tried to act like she is contemplating this when really it was already made up in her mind that she would do anything for Alex's safety.

"You have my word, you know me piper.. I'm reasonable and I never go back on my word." The kingpin raises his left eyebrow, it wasn't just an innocent answer, it was laced with a threat.. he was reinforcing that his word is final and he doesn't lie about things he says.

Piper sat shaking, trying to calm her nerves.. it wouldn't be that simple and piper knew what Kubra was like, but she hasn't got a choice, she nods in agreement and makes eye contact one more time before Kubra smiles and looks up at his guys, a small swift nod indicated he was done here and piper was quickly lifted up and escorted back towards the door but this time, she was followed by all of the men.

"I'll be in touch" Kubra shouts as she leaves the warehouse with the gang members and is escorted to her car where they fill her boot with three big duffel bags, piper doesn't even look she just gets in the car and waits for the boot to close, engine already running she needed to get away and take a breather.
The boot slams shut and a tap is heard on the  exterior of the car signalling  she can go, piper pulled away and began driving down the street and back onto the highway, she was desperate to get home and feel somewhat safe.

The last couple of days have felt so surreal to piper, everything was completely different, things were so different from prison - at least in prison you had routine and you was somewhat safe, and of course she had her family in prison, life was simpler there.

Leaving her prison family, her wife and then adjusting to the free world was stressful and confusing to say the least but everything that's followed has just emotionally drained Piper.
Mind, body and soul is exhausted, her mental state is depleting by the minuet and she can't even contemplate how things are going to get worse for her,  not being able to speak to Alex about this either would be so hard because she knows that Alex would stop it, she would sacrifice her life so Piper could stay out of this.. but Piper felt she owed it to Alex, not just because they were married and she loved her with all of her heart but because she had broken her wife's heart many times, in selfishness and being to scared to step out of her comfort zone, maybe if she had of stayed out of her comfort zone and looked after Alex, she wouldn't have been addicted to drugs, she wouldn't have hurt her so badly that she needed drugs to fill the void that piper left..  this made it so much more important to Piper, it needed to be done.

It's truly amazing how far you will go for a loved one, how much you will put on the line for one person.. your freedom, your reputation and even your life if it ever boiled down to it, Piper had loved her parents with all of her heart but never felt it was reciprocated back.. not like Alex loved her, no one made Piper feel like Alex did, she could look into her eyes and forget everything, she could make her heart pound like no one else ever has, she felt alive when Alex was close.. it was like the world stopped turning and it was just them two, everything else was just background.

She finally got back to her apartment building and pulled into her parking space before switching off the engine and taking a deep breath, it felt like the whole time she was with Kubra she couldn't breathe, her chest was tight and her stomach was in knots, she pulled her phone out and looked at her screen... "another day without you al, but another day closer too you.. I'll make things right, I'll make sure we have a future, a happy one with just us and I'll try my hardest to keep you safe, I love you al" she whispered to herself.. it finally setting in what she has agreed too, she's is risking her life for her wife, she knows with the click of his fingers Kubra could erase her from existence with no trace of her ever coming out of prison, but Piper felt it was the right decision, maybe not in Alex's eyes but she doesn't have to know, she will never know.

"It's for you, it's always been you and always will be you, I never loved Larry like I loved you" Piper strokes the picture of her and Alex on her screen before getting out of the car and walking round to the boot, grabbing the bags she quickly hurried inside and locked the door.

The bags were heavy and awkward to carry, she stares at the bags for a couple of minuets before opening one, her jaw drops to the floor and her eyes grow wide.

"Holy shit".