Chapter Six.

The rooms deafening silence is broken by an unfamiliar noise, the mystery phone was ringing.
Piper was speechless from everything that has been going on and missing the call from Alex, she got up off the floor and walked towards the noise, emotions were taking over her body, anger and distress from the anonymous notes, and missing the call from Alex, disgust at the video and confusion from the whole thing.

'Unknown Caller'

"Who the fuck is this and what the fuck do you think your playing at?!" Piper screamed into the phone.

A chuckle is the reply she got, which made her even more angry, the audacity of this person!

"Piper, you should know me by now.. or have you forgotten about me" the deep foreign voice replied, Piper wasn't any clearer about what was going on or who this was, she didn't recognise the voice properly.. it triggered something in her mind but not enough for her to put a face to the voice.

"Who... wha.. who is this and what do you want, I'm not playing your silly game anymore." Piper tried to remain calm but her body took over, although she was anxious about the mystery caller.. she was more angry at the fact they was playing around with Alex in mind, and she missed the call from her too.

"Oh piper, your still just as clueless as you was all them years ago, what did we used to call you again?.. ah yeah ' lost puppy'" the man sniggered at his comment knowing it would push piper to finally clock on to who it was.. there was only one person who ever called her that, but it couldn't be?..
surely not?

"Kubra?!" She whimpered.
Thinking back to the notes, '-k'.. Alex.. it makes sense finally!

"Bingo". He said bluntly, mocking piper.

"FUCK YOU, Where is Alex and what have you done to her, your out, she's not involved anymore, don't touch her Kubra I mean it!" Piper frantically snapped down the phone, trying to sound unfazed by the kingpin.

"So She is alive.. I knew she had something about her, she wasn't the best we had for no reason, but the issue is.. she killed one of my men, staged her death and disrespected me, you know I can't let that go piper." Kubra doesn't even have to try to sound intimidating, it comes naturally.

Piper scrunches her face knowing she had just given up that Alex was still alive, she starts to panic knowing Kubra will go to any length to get his own back.
"Please, please don't hurt her. I'll do anything, just leave her alone Kubra I'm begging you." Piper pleaded with the man, knowing anger or confrontation will not will In this argument, Kubra had the upper hand, always has done and always will.

"Anything? I mean she does owe me.. a lot. But besides I've always had a soft spot for Alex, you know that, I've saved her many a time, given her everything she could ever dream off, more money than she knew what to do with, even put her through rehab after using all of  MY gear.. I mean I must be stupid, or going soft" Kubra returned, knowing piper would do anything for Alex, he had her wrapped around his finger just by saying Alex name, but Kubra didn't play games for long, he started to speak again after letting it set in for a couple of minuets "I will text you an address and a time, you need to come, I don't have to tell you twice I hope, I don't care if your busy we will talk later, remember what the note says." He hangs up the phone immediately after the last word.

Piper is mind blown. Kubra wasn't playing and she knew this, What had she done..
Wait, what? "ALEX WAS ON DRUGS?!" She said out loud, thinking back to what the kingpin had just told her about putting her through rehab, piper knew Alex and tried certain drugs but not enough to get addicted and be placed in a rehabilitation facility!

Piper understood that this situation wasn't just going to magically disappear, she knew that it was serious and that in fact she might not see Alex again if things didn't turn out well, but piper didn't really have any involvement with what the gang did apart from carrying money in a bag but that was only accompanying Alex, it was Alex's job.

The text finally arrived and she had to be at the location in an hour, She knew that things were going to be bad, she knew what Kubra was like and how powerful he was, but Alex was her world.

Angry and upset about everything that had happened these last few days, the new information she had just heard and not being able to speak to Alex, would have to be pushed to the back.
She needed to come across emotionless and tough, she knew this wasn't her but she had to try, she couldn't forgive herself if anything ever happened to Alex.. again.

Piper knew that things were about to get very intense, very quickly.
Alex being in prison didn't mean she was safe, as they previously found out, but it also meant piper couldn't just call when she wanted, she couldn't talk to Alex about the situation, she couldn't be soothed by Alex or pointed in the right direction, things couldn't be rationalised and a plan thought up like Alex would have done, Alex knew how Kubra worked, what his buttons were and not to push them, but piper.. piper was just a 'lost puppy' and was inexperienced and didn't ever look away from Alex so how was she supposed to find her way in this world.

Piper couldn't think about it anymore, she had made her decision, it wasn't worth the risk.

Nothing was worth the risk.