30. the devil beside you

Start from the beginning

Quinn sighed, standing up and stretching her arms before making her way after Milo down the stairs to the courtyard and back into the cell block.

Inside both of the tables were covered in all the weapons Quinn and the others had brought back yesterday. Maggie and Michonne were testing them, putting bullets in the rounds and other things that Quinn didn't even understand.

'Carl, come here,' Glenn said, handing the kid a box with bullets. 'You stash these at the loading deck. Beth, put more up at the walkway. If anyone gets pinned down we have to make sure we have plenty of ammo. I'll go work on the cage outside, I'm on watch anyway.' And he took some tools and a gun before disappearing through the door.

Milo walked towards the weapons, studying them and opening them up to admire them.

Quinn almost laughed at the amount of love he gave them and watched while leaning against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest as he studied them.

'What we should be doing,' Merle's voice suddenly cut through the air, 'is loading some these firepower up in a truck and pay a visit to the Governer. We know where he is right now.'

'You're suggesting that we just go in and kill him?' Quinn asked, raising her eyebrows at the one handed man.

'Yeah, I am,' Merle responded.

'We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put,' Michonne joined the conversation.

'I've changed my mind sweetheart. Being on the sideline with my brother out there,' he shook his head, 'ain't sitting right with me.'

'Daryl can take care of himself, you going in there and trying to take care of him could get him killed or taken hostage,' Quinn said, her gaze focused on the man's face. 'You don't have the most gentle approach to things. A thousand things could go wrong.'

'And they will,' Merle shot back.

'My dad can take care of himself,' Carl suddenly spoke up to the man.

'Sorry son but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon,' Merle said.

'Will you shut up?' Quinn said, unable to keep her anger out of her voice.

Silence filled the room as Merle gave a curt nod and turned around making Quinn raise her eyebrows in surprise that he actually listened to her. Shifting uneasy on her feet she turned back to the pile of weapons on the table before them, watching as her brother, Michonne and Maggie kept on checking them.

Minutes passed as nothing but the sound of guns being put back together echoed through the room. The door opened as Glenn stepped back inside, putting his tools on the table before walking back to the door to continue his shift, but he stopped when his eyes fell on something or rather, someone.

Quinn followed his glare as her eyes landed on Merle who had taken a bag and was putting guns in it.

'You're not going,' Glenn said, closing the door and standing against it.

'I don't need permission,' Merle shot back.

'I can't let you,' Glenn said, his voice lower this time, treatening.

'You can't stop me.'

'If you're gonna live here with us, it's gonna be on our terms,' Maggie said. But Merle ignored her, taking the bag in his hand and walking towards the door. 'If Michonne and Quinn can do it, why can't you!'

'Cause it's my brother out there, that's why, what's the matter with ya'll?' He screamed back at her before walking towards the door.

Glenn, however, was still standing in front of it, not moving an inch as Merle walked up to him, staring down at him.